Home

This is wierd (Browns playbook related)

This is a discussion on This is wierd (Browns playbook related) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
This is wierd (Browns playbook related)

In my 2k7 roster, I switched the Ravens playbook to be the Browns playbook and noticed that despite the "bear" formation being listed in the playbook, it doesnt appear in-game. I tried the Browns using the default roster and the same thing happens.

I assume that this is some kind of bug / glitch or could it be something more???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: This is wierd (Browns playbook related)

You know, this sounds like the "glitch" with the sweatbands that sit high on the forearms just below the elbows. They're in the game. In game players have them, but you cannot select them for your CAPs (or any other player for that matter) unless you use Finn's editor. There's not even a cheat code to unlock them that I could find.

Just tossing ideas around here: Could it possibly be hidden in another formation? As a separate page? Perhaps a different name even? I'm assuming you've eliminated these possibilities...
Old 12-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

what always annoyed me about those hi wht/hi blk bands was if you took someone that already had them in-game, you could switch the color from black to white or vice versa... but ONLY if you guessed the right direction (left or right). otherwise they were gone & the roster had to be reloaded for you to take another shot at it

good ol finn putting that to bed
Old 12-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Why do game programmers do that? Is it just an oversight in the rush to put the game to market? I know those guys pull 80-90 hour weeks until a game is released and basically have a blood type of .0MoutainDew to stay up for days on end. I have a friend who's a project manager for Lucas Arts video games. One of these days I gotta remember to ask him how those things happen.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
Why do game programmers do that? Is it just an oversight in the rush to put the game to market? I know those guys pull 80-90 hour weeks until a game is released and basically have a blood type of .0MoutainDew to stay up for days on end. I have a friend who's a project manager for Lucas Arts video games. One of these days I gotta remember to ask him how those things happen.
Run out of time plain and simple. When the suits dictate a release date things get scoped out in order to meet the deadline.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »