Home

Uploading new version (.122)

This is a discussion on Uploading new version (.122) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Uploading new version (.122)

It has the new update type (Performance EQ) in the global editor. It also allows you to globally edit power run style. I also changed the schedules and the file extension of the schedules back to NFL2k5. I changed all the schedules that ship with the editor back as well. This allows users of the history program to use the schedules it generates. Back to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Uploading new version (.122)

Hi Finn...

Great news! Any luck on renaming teams so we can use more than one of same team in a roster set?

C
Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It has the new update type (Performance EQ) in the global editor. It also allows you to globally edit power run style.
Not sure what the Performance EQ does right now but thanks for the power run style choice.

If I can make a request for your next update:

For the restore player data part, can you make a 'select all' box for the Restore Options section?? I think it would save a little time than clicking each one, imo.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Thanks for the scheduling part, Finn. That will help me out a lot.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Not sure what the Performance EQ does right now but thanks for the power run style choice.

If I can make a request for your next update:

For the restore player data part, can you make a 'select all' box for the Restore Options section?? I think it would save a little time than clicking each one, imo.

Thanks in advance.
You can save your restore options off and load it the next time so you only have to check them all once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Not sure what the Performance EQ does right now
performance eq apparently modifies all attributes follows
Halves the difference from 80 (as a positive number). Then changes the original value so that it's closer to 80 by said value. Example:
A player has 90 CTH. The difference from 80 is 10. Half of 10 is 5. So, that player gets 85 CTH instead of 90.

I believe (correct me if I am wrong, Finn) that Finn added the ability to physically apply this to the ratings, so you can see practically what performance eq does to the players. Of course if you run the tool more than once on the same file, the players' attributes will just get closer & closer to 80 each time
Old 12-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
performance eq apparently modifies all attributes follows
Halves the difference from 80 (as a positive number). Then changes the original value so that it's closer to 80 by said value. Example:
A player has 90 CTH. The difference from 80 is 10. Half of 10 is 5. So, that player gets 85 CTH instead of 90.

I believe (correct me if I am wrong, Finn) that Finn added the ability to physically apply this to the ratings, so you can see practically what performance eq does to the players. Of course if you run the tool more than once on the same file, the players' attributes will just get closer & closer to 80 each time
So, what exactly does this provide to game play? I always turn it on in-game but have no idea what it ever does. is this just a way to level the playing field?
Old 12-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
So, what exactly does this provide to game play? I always turn it on in-game but have no idea what it ever does. is this just a way to level the playing field?
like you, i dont know-- i can only assume that your last sentence is correct. that said, perEq may do other things too. i'm not even 100% sure that the "80 formula" is correct in the first place to be honest. someone just showed up here & @ the 2K forums several years ago posting so. i dont remember who it was so i of course can't claim it to be fact. but it has been posted around the web a good amt; as such, many people take it to be truth

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »