Home

New build uploaded (.228)

This is a discussion on New build uploaded (.228) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2008, 02:06 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: New build uploaded (.228)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
interesting-- seems a good bet that it might be related b/c before finn released this latest editor, punters & kickers weren't interchangeable either even among themselves w/o generating OVR rating problems. eg if you tried to turn a punter into a kicker his OVR rating would be lower-- albeit not as low as if you tried to make a linebacker into a kicker but lower than the "correct" number.

that attribute might explain why those 3 categories are calculated differently
Yeah, I know about the editing of kickers and punters into the other or another position into a kicker or punter. I realized something was wrong when I created my 2K6 roster almost two years ago. I created a punter using a different position and his rating wasnt what it should have been. I didnt know exactly what the problem was but I knew there was something wrong.

Try this - get a RB and edit him to a kicker or punter. Then, start a fantasy draft and see what that kicker's "kicking style" is. See if there's a difference.

Here's another interesting thing that I just thought of. Edit a RB or another position (except k or p) into a QB and see if the overall rating is what it should be. If not, that's wierd especially when you factor in the composure attribute affecting the overall rating for QB, K and P. Could all this be somehow tied together??? Who knows, we'll find out next time in the Twilight Zone. LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #82
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

In my 83 roster, the 4 teams that weren't there were all set to the same exact numbers through the editor. ALL the positions have varying ratings. They should all be the same and most are, but it seems every position has a guy or two that is a little bit off in OVR. I'm not concerned, but I did notice it.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 20

^did you give them the same hts & wts, though, b/c that affects OVR rating too
Old 01-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #84
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

No. I left them alone. I didn't know that had anything to do with it. Live an' learn.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 20

so then the "bigger" players should have slightly higher rating

i learned this when i zeroed out everyone's attributes & reset contracts to the minimum... dan explained to me why bigger players had larger deals... b/c the game values them slightly above their ratings.

same for OVR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #86
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

The kicker/punter attribute is automatic in the editor. If you change position, I set it to the correct value.

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 01-28-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 14

Finn, do u think it would be possible to "give" someone an injury? I remember in a past editor u had a heal attribute associated with it, and I was wondering if we could assign players in a franchise a certain injury and/or certain amount of time they would be out with an injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »