Home

What an ending / I love this game (no, not the crappy NBA) !!!

This is a discussion on What an ending / I love this game (no, not the crappy NBA) !!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
What an ending / I love this game (no, not the crappy NBA) !!!

Hey guys, I had an awesome exhibition game earlier today before work between the Eagles (me) and the Seahawks in SEA.

I went up 14-0 quickly and led 14-3 at halftime. Seahawks scored 14 points in the 3rd quarter to take a 17-14 lead. I score a TD to take back the lead 21-17 late 3rd quarter. Seahawks then score a TD in the 4th quarter to take the lead 24-21. I then had the ball late 4th quarter. I had 1st and Goal at the 8 yard line. The Seahawks stuffed me three straight times and I was forced to go for the tie. I connected on a short FG to tie the game at 24 as time expired in regulation.

I'm now in OT tied at 24. I won the coin toss but went three and out and was forced to punt. Seahawks now have the ball and drive down inside my 20 yard line. I dont want to say what happened since it would spoil the ending.

All I can say is that I won 30-24 in OT that featured an ending that has never ever happened to me / for me. To see how I won, download the saved replay and watch it in-game.

In closing, I just want to say that I love this game as it's STILL the greatest NFL video game to be released thus far and want to say thank you to FINN because if it wasnt for his editor, I would have quit playing 2K5 years ago. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_OTwin.zip (823.8 KB, 46 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What an ending / I love this game (no, not the crappy NBA) !!!

I agree! I played my first full game of 2k (non-editor related)in well over a year last night. Playing on my 360 at 1080p on my 61" 1080p TV was pure bliss. Looked awesomes. Sounded awesome with my custom stadium music. Gameplay was outstanding with Puja's rosters. The game actually seemed to move faster then I remembered (no I wasn't on fast game speed either) and some of hits seemed alot bigger then I remembered. Throw in the immersion level you get from the best TV style presentation ever and you truly get the complete package.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I agree! I played my first full game of 2k (non-editor related)in well over a year last night. Playing on my 360 at 1080p on my 61" 1080p TV was pure bliss. Looked awesomes. Sounded awesome with my custom stadium music. Gameplay was outstanding with Puja's rosters. The game actually seemed to move faster then I remembered (no I wasn't on fast game speed either) and some of hits seemed alot bigger then I remembered. Throw in the immersion level you get from the best TV style presentation ever and you truly get the complete package.
Finn,

What tv do you have?

C
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Samsung HLS6189 (DLP)
Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
Banned

Been trying to pull the trigger on the Samsung 5271 lcd...but lots of probs with TBE, stutter, etc...according to the folks on avsforum.com...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Been trying to pull the trigger on the Samsung 5271 lcd...but lots of probs with TBE, stutter, etc...according to the folks on avsforum.com...

C
This is my 3rd samsung DLP and I have never had a problem. Started with 42 and it was to small. So after a year I sold it and bought a 56. Again, that proved to be too small so after another year I bought the 61" 1080p set. In the next six months I will probably upgrade again to the 61 inch LED DLP model. Whats funny is I paid less for my 61" then I did for the original 42".
Old 01-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
This is my 3rd samsung DLP and I have never had a problem. Started with 42 and it was to small. So after a year I sold it and bought a 56. Again, that proved to be too small so after another year I bought the 61" 1080p set. In the next six months I will probably upgrade again to the 61 inch LED DLP model. Whats funny is I paid less for my 61" then I did for the original 42".
I'll have to read about the dlp vs lcd thing...any views on that from your point of view?

C
Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

A 42 inch TV was too small??? Jeez. Imagine if you were playing on my regular 20 inch TV. LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »