Home

Still have RB issues?

This is a discussion on Still have RB issues? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Still have RB issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
Nice vid...can you show one where the WR completely whiffs or the guard completely neglects to block the man in front of him
I can....but I won't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
nice video, what was the pursuit set at?
Thanks.... Pursuit is at Zero! (oh, and these were your rosters....tweaked)

Last edited by daflyboys; 01-31-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

BTW: What difficulty level are you playing in? I know the concept of using turbo boost/blockers is the same on all difficulty levels, but legend mode the run D is just crazy good for each team!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #11
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangles
I can give you a few little tips.

If you have taller receivers and tight ends (6'3 and up) You should be able to send them to the outside and lob to them and they'll catch it more than those under 6' because they're usually taller than the defenders.

To the shorter receivers (under 6') It's a lot easier to let them run to the inside and throw bullet passes.

Sometimes you just have to look over your personnel's physical traits to truly know their strengths.
I am starting to notice the height thing. I play with the Texans in my franchise and Johnson is a monster at catching the high balls. He doesn;'t catch all of them but definitely most. I hit little walker on the quick routes and it is working out great. 2 games I am 23-45 with Schaub through 2 games with 3 TDs and 2 Ints. 1-1 record. I stomped Carolina pretty good with Schaub to Johnson connection. It was the most satisfying victory. I controlled the closk in the second half and buried them 24-3.

Still can't get the run down. I am last in the league by a lot. I am not gonna boost the sliders anymore in my favor to get Green running. It was better in the second game. I had 39 yards on 22 carries with him. They were just 2 and 3 yard gains with a few 5 and 6 yard runs up the middle. My blocking is terrible with my tackles so getting to the outside is a big problem.

Last edited by Mjphillips; 02-07-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: One more thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddhan
BTW: What difficulty level are you playing in? I know the concept of using turbo boost/blockers is the same on all difficulty levels, but legend mode the run D is just crazy good for each team!
Ya, it's a little too good. I have a custom set that I work with a tweaked roster set talked about in numerous other posts.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Still can't get the run down. I am last in the league by a lot. I am not gonna boost the sliders anymore in my favor to get Green running. It was better in the second game. I had 39 yards on 22 carries with him. They were just 2 and 3 yard gains with a few 5 and 6 yard runs up the middle. My blocking is terrible with my tackles so getting to the outside is a big problem.
I think the most important thing is don't set the sliders in a way to try to measure how good you are..... set the sliders in a way to have some good competitive fun and still capture some realism. For example, I have my blocking slider jacked way up while my running slider is down. This is not only for the sake of rushing, but previously, when my blocking slider was very low, my OL was doing a very poor job on the pass rush and I was getting blitzed left and right. I think the next tweak I'm going to do is up the pass rush for first and 2nd line defensemen, esp. DE's who deserve it so that I might also be able to get some cpu-aided sacks by the ends vs just LB's and DT's.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I think the most important thing is don't set the sliders in a way to try to measure how good you are..... set the sliders in a way to have some good competitive fun and still capture some realism. For example, I have my blocking slider jacked way up while my running slider is down. This is not only for the sake of rushing, but previously, when my blocking slider was very low, my OL was doing a very poor job on the pass rush and I was getting blitzed left and right. I think the next tweak I'm going to do is up the pass rush for first and 2nd line defensemen, esp. DE's who deserve it so that I might also be able to get some cpu-aided sacks by the ends vs just LB's and DT's.
I think the my sliders are good now, but I need to work on my running game. But with houston in my franchise I am pass first due to AJ. I have to get him the ball to be successful. It's getting better though. I am gonna play a few tonight and see how I do.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #15
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I like that concept you have for setting sliders. It's what I always aim for. I play with what I'm assuming is puja's custom sliders that he has set in his franchise files. I like them. Keeps it competitive and feels real. I turn up the kicking game to be level with the CPU, cuz I hate missing extra points, it's gay-tarded.

and speaking of defensive linemen, I know what you mean by trying to get a few sacks from someone else besides your fave linemen. I always control J. Allen. I've gotten as low as 15 sacks and as much as 30 over the course of season. So, basically, what should be the sack count for the entire defense, roughly 90% come from one guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #16
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
I think the my sliders are good now, but I need to work on my running game. But with houston in my franchise I am pass first due to AJ. I have to get him the ball to be successful. It's getting better though. I am gonna play a few tonight and see how I do.
how many minutes per quarter do you play? I was playing 6 minute quarters, then I moved up to 9 minute quarters. It does effect the running game! I noticed that with 9 minute quarters I'm averaging about 1 yd more per rush. It's as though the run defense gets tougher as the time per quarter goes down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »