Home

CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage

This is a discussion on CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage

This has always been a big problem for me.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Simulating a season with my 2K7 roster, the lowest season completion percentage was at 52% with Carr and Losman. The highest was Brady at 69% followed by Palmer at 68% and P. Manning at 67%.
Well, that is spot on with this year's pass comp. % by team: 53 - 69% .... amazingly.

Quote:
I know that you want the CPU to complete a high percentage when playing but I think that it has to do with who your team is and who you're playing against. Pick the worst defensive team in the toughest division and see what happens.
Partly, but it also has to do with the attributes. I think multiple posters in the 2K5 forum over the years have commented in that direction, especially the more researched oriented guys.

Quote:
I'll have games where the CPU kills me and can get up to 80% completion while at other times, the CPU will have about 40% completion. Of course, if the QB with 40% completion managed to pass for a few TD's and you didnt, losing to a team with a QB having only 40% completion should be a much bigger concern.
But that depends partly on the length of period you play. You can have a QB throw a fairly low percentage and still beat you in a longer period game. Since you play only 5 min. periods, the odds of a QB with a 40% completion beating you would be low.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Are there any tips or tricks to get the cpu qb to complete 50%+ most of the time?
Related QB ratings have to be raised into the 110+ range using Finn's editor. Ruins sim stats, but fixes the problem completely for User vs CPU games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Unless you play every game and don't sim,I wouldn't put qb's attributes too high.Qb ratings are already a little on the high side when simming so unless you want everyone at 100+.....
Old 03-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Has anyone come up with a way to get high CPU Quarterback percentages and good sim numbers?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #14
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Has anyone come up with a way to get high CPU Quarterback percentages and good sim numbers?

That's not going to happen.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #15
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

I second that ^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

Well, I may be on to something, maybe not.

I've experimented with various suggestions and the following seems to be working, at least from my initial tests. Here's what I did (using Puja's franchise file):

1) Adjusted sliders to 0 sliders (except kicking, fatigue, fumble, and injury), i.e, "zero sliders" set.
2) Upped the CPU QB consistency +27 (minimum 70)
3) Changed catching to 5 for all human LB's, FS, and SS (CB's are already there)
4) Changed agg to 1 for human FS and SS's.

I'm finally seeing some results that I'm looking for, and from what I can tell, upping the QB consistency by 27 doesn't seem to adversely affect sim stats. I was pleasantly surprised at how balanced the gameplay was with the zero sliders set.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the 50+ % I'm seeing now are because of the zero sliders (because they seem to be playing pretty balanced in all other areas), or a combination of those and the other adjustments I made using Puja's franchise file. I may revert back the LB, FS, and SS, adjustments, then the QB adjustment one at a time, to see if any of those truly have an effect.

I'm going to keep testing, but I think I may have stumbled on to something (for me at least).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »