Home

CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage

This is a discussion on CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage

Hey all,

Are there any tips or tricks to get the cpu qb to complete 50%+ most of the time? I'm using Puja's Franchise file and sliders pretty close to Bill Harris's sliders. Do the "zero" sliders help with this, I wonder?

For anyone who consistently sees the cpu QB's do this, I'd appreciate whatever insight you have. I find it hard to believe I'm ALWAYS calling just the right plays defensively that the cpu qb ends up with 35-45% completion most games. Or is this just a flaw of the game that can't be overcome?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU QB Passing Completion Percentage

I have NO idea what BH's sliders are, as I just use Puja's custom sliders that he has in his Franchise Mode. It's basically Legend difficulty, with a few minor adjustments. I customize the customizations by turning up the human kicking equal with the CPU. But, I'm going off on a tangent...

But, yeah, I find that Puja's custom franchise sliders work pretty well for solving the problem you mentioned. Sometimes the CPU has a better QB rating than me. it may just be your difficulty adjustments. or you have Champ Bailey playing all the backfield positions
Old 03-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

I've found that the CPU completion percent goes way down when you play a lot of zone coverage. IMO the players not covering the player the CPU has thrown the ball to; break waaay too quickly to help out.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

What you said about zone is true, I think man to man can really be effective if you have really good corners. Using large att's for the Qb's is what I have fond out to create a higher completion percentage, as well as large att's for run route on the wide outs. Though each game is unique, the large att's on the Qb's allow a more realistic feel.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I wrote a tweaking guidelines doc a few months ago, and in sum, it's pretty much the logic that you think should be applied to the tweaks: up all of the QB passing attributes (and leadership) that you think would be necessary as well as the receiving attys (even for good receiving RB's); dumb down the defending attributes for the DB's and LB's and put catching at zero for everyone on defense. Yes, you do get some funky looking movements at times by DB's, but the bottom line is is that you have to pick your poison with this game. The upside is that at least it does respond to the attribute changes unlike some of its' other sports games counterparts from the same era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
IMO the players not covering the player the CPU has thrown the ball to; break waaay too quickly to help out.
agree 100%
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

It seems like the magic cutoff number for DB's and "coverage" is arouond 42. Anything higher and they seem to become significantly better, especially if they have good speed.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Simulating a season with my 2K7 roster, the lowest season completion percentage was at 52% with Carr and Losman. The highest was Brady at 69% followed by Palmer at 68% and P. Manning at 67%.

I know that you want the CPU to complete a high percentage when playing but I think that it has to do with who your team is and who you're playing against. Pick the worst defensive team in the toughest division and see what happens.

I'll have games where the CPU kills me and can get up to 80% completion while at other times, the CPU will have about 40% completion. Of course, if the QB with 40% completion managed to pass for a few TD's and you didnt, losing to a team with a QB having only 40% completion should be a much bigger concern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »