Home

Thoughts on Playbooks.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Playbooks. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Thoughts on Playbooks.

I am someone who can say I tried every playbook over the course of 4 years.

My favorite playbook however is the Carolina Panthers book, because it is pretty much the same book from the other 2K series and I played the Franchise in NFL 2K3 like religiously when I was younger and I just feel comfortable with that book.

Close second favorite will have to be the Arizona Cardinals, I used them so much in Franchise in both NFL 2K4 and 2K5. The terrible teams are so much fun cause you can rebuild them and thats what I like, rebuilding - since the Panthers came off that Super Bowl run in NFL 2K5 its been hard to rebuild them cause well they went to a Super Bowl! But I used the Cardinals online in NFL 2K4, and I think this is what made me an excellent passer... I put Josh McCown in (rated 57) and had Anquan Boldin start (rated 54-56) and I would light teams up even if they glitched or whatever, I still played them and would find ways to score. I felt that offensive line glitch improved my reading on defenses tremendously. I can read so quickly - even in the Madden games, my friends cannot stop my passing but that was with a scrambler like McCown. I used to always run to the outside of the pocket and with that 51 arm strength find Anquan Boldin or Bryant Johnson (sometimes sleeper Freddie Jones would be open) but thats my story.

Least favorite - all the other books. The Raiders offense book has so many plays and its very much designed as a West Coast style, just something that isn't my cup of tea - I am that vertical passer. I just feel naked when I do not use my Panthers playbook, because unlike Madden - every play I know are set up accordinly with players in different sub-packages. Sometimes you'll see Nick Goings in there with Kris Mangum in the backfield, other times Steve Smith would be back there. I just had a crazy repeitore... cut this short right here

hope that helps lol

people going to say the Panthers book was garbage, but when you grew up on that playbook like I have you see it in a different light. its plays you feel comfortable with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #26
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

While I was scanning through all the PB's the Panthers did look rather intriguing. Lots of cool formations.

And the Raiders PB makes no frikin' sense to me at all. I'm afraid to even try the damned thing.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #27
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23
What's an offense in the game similar to what their using currently? The same as '05?

Also is their a play in any of the playbooks that have the "Wildcat formation" or something similar?
Considering that Lovie Smith was a Vermeil/Martz guy. I'd use the Rams or Chiefs PB. Or even the Bears as Lovie is their coach in-game.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #28
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Oh, and sorry. I know nothing of the wild cat as far as the game goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »