Home

fantasy draft in franchise...?

This is a discussion on fantasy draft in franchise...? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: fantasy draft in franchise...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjamierocks
I'm aware of the limitations of the ps2 version, but i think i have worked a way around it.
Really??? I would love to know the "way" around it. If you think the fantasy draft is going to help you, forget it. Doing a fantasy draft for all 32 teams can take hours and hours to complete and I dont see how it's going to help you whatsoever. And even if you "export" team roster files and load them in a separate roster, only two "team" files can be loaded in-game which obviously becomes a waste of time.

Trust me, I tried to create a roster for PS2 for the 2005 season and quit after two weeks because of the limitations. Seeing 5 OLB's and 1 ILB will drive you nuts because there's nothing you can do about it. If the ability to change a player's position was available, then I would say that there's a slim chance because you would be able to use the first and/or last names of players no longer in the league for new players. Of course, you would still have inaccurate date of births and the wrong photos assigned to players as well as incorrect years pro.

I could go on and on but if you have Xbox, do yourself a favor - go buy an Action Replay, 2K5 and download FINN's editor. I can guarantee that once you have the ability to create a kick *** roster and so much more, you'll never go back to the PS2 version.

But anyway, to each his own and good luck bud.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Remember this is not going to be an accurate roster, no player photos, no correct contracts, just correct names, numbers and other stuff at the start of the 2007/08 season.
What I was going to do was with a current real roster find out who is in the league related to the game roster, probably about 20ish remain per team, before I fantasy draft them I have 140ish players I can edit names, numbers and positions, making sure i have edit rookies switched on and player control on teams depth charts so forth I start the franchise with all teams selected.
At the 8 week mark I edit rookies and put in players that were in their second year in real life roster,this can be as in depth as you like cause you can edit all 300 rookies,I'll be basic, the simulate to offseason.
In offseason, draft the rookies to their respective teams,get rid of players that shouldn't,making sure teams still have 54ish players per team.
Then start the next year and repeat rookie edits & offseason stuff with year 1 players,then the following with rookie players.
Yes, this seems time consuming and I'm not 100% sure how it will turn out but I did it with one team and all was good if not a rush job.
Don't hesitate to jump in and comment,there are a lot of ifs and buts in doing this but I would like to try.
Thanks
Old 04-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
Banned

Good idea and an idea that I had years ago but there's one small problem. Once you reach the in-game rename limit, that's it. No more players can be renamed so for example, if you use VC's final roster update and start renaming players in the file and reach the limit, the 380 players in the Draft Class cant be edited whatsoever.

There's some good news for you though. On Xbox, you can edit the Draft Class and actually use your idea if you wanted to. I found a trick around the inability to rename players in the Draft Class and told puja21 the trick. Quite simply, he's the best when it comes to creating Draft Classes.

Sorry bud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #12
Rookie

strange,I edited all 300+ rookies in the draft, name wise, and had no problem, though I didn't edit the roster before starting the franchise.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I found a trick around the inability to rename players in the Draft Class
said trick is awesome.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjamierocks
strange,I edited all 300+ rookies in the draft, name wise, and had no problem, though I didn't edit the roster before starting the franchise.
That's good and surprising but renaming is based on a character limit. For example, if all the rookies you edited equal 1000 characters but the renaming that you did equals 990, you'll still have 10 characters that can be used in that file. Once you hit the limit, that's it.

I do have some advice for you, try to find players with the same first and/or last name when editing the draft class. For example, if you find a QB named Alex - edit him into Alex Smith. That way, you can save renaming space.

Just to let you know, before you start a franchise, make sure that you edit player attributes, equipment, etc. beforehand because once you're in franchise, all current players cant be edited.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
That's good and surprising but renaming is based on a character limit. For example, if all the rookies you edited equal 1000 characters but the renaming that you did equals 990, you'll still have 10 characters that can be used in that file. Once you hit the limit, that's it.
Ah, ok, didn't realise it was a character limit, thanks for the heads up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #16
Banned

You're welcome and good luck bud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »