Home

Punt Return Problem

This is a discussion on Punt Return Problem within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Punt Return Problem

I just wanted to know has anyone ever gotten a diffinitive fix to the problem of defensive lineman and sometimes linebackers returning punts? I have released players and reassigned them, but to no avail. It kinda kills the game when everything else is working great but then u punt and Dwight Freeney or Jason Taylor starts returning punts. I really wish there was a way around this problem, but i dont know of anymore to try except to take control of all teams, which would eliminate cpu teams signing players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Punt Return Problem

You need to release and re-assign every player starting with QB's and ending with K's team by team. Then, release just the QB's for every team and re-assign them. This fixes the problem but the CPU will still change who you have setup as the kick and punt returners after week one.

Also, you can use FINN's editor after each week to edit every team's depth chart which includes kick and punt returners. I personally dont like controlling more than one team in franchise but after each week, I use FINN's editor to edit the kick and punt returners. This takes maybe 10-15 minutes for all 32 teams but since I used FINN's editor for weeks 2-7 in order to remove any player that's on the trading block by the CPU, I figured that doing this for the rest of the season to edit the kick and punt returners wouldnt be a big deal whatsoever.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

to elaborate on what dan said in his first paragraph:

when you release & resign a player of any kind he "drops" to the bottom of the PR depth chart... moves to the back of all possible choices. the reason you see DE/QBs return is b/c they are too high in the order so when a CPU team redoes depth chart for PR they are chosen

therefore, if you release/resign QBs, DL etc (any problem position) FIRST & leave the release/resign action of the typical return positions (DB/WR) to the very end, this is how you can remedy the problem
Old 04-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
therefore, if you release/resign QBs, DL etc (any problem position) FIRST & leave the release/resign action of the typical return positions (DB/WR) to the very end, this is how you can remedy the problem

OK, that seems to be the answer. Thanks, much appreciated.

Last edited by 500bloc; 04-27-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

After seeing several threads on this, I have to say that I've never had this problem, or at least never seen it. How do you guys see this? Are you playing more than one team at once? I've done full seasons in Franchise mode I've never seen this "glitch" for me or any team I played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #6
MVP

I'm starting to believe the only way to get the regular returners to stay in their respective position is to release and resign the entire team, because when i released and resigned the D-Line, Linebackers, CB's, RB's, & WR's, the Punter became my primary punt returner. This is worse than the Draft Glitch in my opinion, as I can work around that. I might just control all 32 teams because i'd rather have that then to go thru all the work of releasing entire teams.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:43 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
I'm starting to believe the only way to get the regular returners to stay in their respective position is to release and resign the entire team, because when i released and resigned the D-Line, Linebackers, CB's, RB's, & WR's, the Punter became my primary punt returner. This is worse than the Draft Glitch in my opinion, as I can work around that. I might just control all 32 teams because i'd rather have that then to go thru all the work of releasing entire teams.
yes you absolutely have to release all 53/54 players to fix the glitch... sorry if that wasn't clear. my point was just to release/resign WRs & CBs last of all the 14 positions
Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

I usually get the starting QB as the punt returner. For whatever reason, this glitch doesnt affect kick returners. The first player that's released and re-assigned is usually the player that becomes the punt returner. Since I start with QB's and finish with punters, the starting QB becomes the punt returner after week one. To fix that problem, you must release every QB on every team and re-assign them again but only the QB's need to be done a second time. This fixes the problem.

As for the problem with other positions, you could always use FINN's editor after each week to edit the returners. I once controlled all 32 teams before FINN added the depth chart options and keeping track of all the returners especially with injuries was a pain in the ***. Using FINN's editor is definitely easier and takes about 20 minutes including transfering the files back and forth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »