Home

Editing Playbooks?

This is a discussion on Editing Playbooks? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Editing Playbooks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Don't have the my Xbox set up. But in the options screen just before starting the game, you can change coach VIP's, stadiums, etc. One of those options takes you to a screen where you can change/select both team's playbooks.
Okay, potentially stupid question here: have you done this yourself?

I know about the all the pre-game things you can change. I know I can change my playbook, but all I ever see in the selection window is all the team-specific playbooks. I never see the ones I create. Even at the very bottom. Is my head up my @$$ on this, or what?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
Okay, potentially stupid question here: have you done this yourself?

I know about the all the pre-game things you can change. I know I can change my playbook, but all I ever see in the selection window is all the team-specific playbooks. I never see the ones I create. Even at the very bottom. Is my head up my @$$ on this, or what?
Step 1 - Create or edit roster.
Step 2 - Save said roster.
Step 3 - Load roster (like you would a roster, franchise, or settings file. It's in the same menu. I would bet this is the step you've been missing.)
Step 4 - Begin game.
Step 5 - Scroll through playbooks until you find the one you want. I think it will be the one right before San Francisco's.

I apologize if I simplified it too much, I wasn't trying to be condescending. However, I think step by step instructions are the easiest to read. Enjoy.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Step 1 - Create or edit roster.
Step 2 - Save said roster.
Step 3 - Load roster (like you would a roster, franchise, or settings file. It's in the same menu. I would bet this is the step you've been missing.)
Step 4 - Begin game.
Step 5 - Scroll through playbooks until you find the one you want. I think it will be the one right before San Francisco's.

I apologize if I simplified it too much, I wasn't trying to be condescending. However, I think step by step instructions are the easiest to read. Enjoy.
Don't worry, no condescending overtone taken. But perhaps, you'll mean it after this following passage. Ha.

So, STEP 1 - STEP 4, no problem. I always load a roster before I play. But what you're saying is that I can change playbooks IN-GAME? Not before I start it? Sorry, I should be "working" right now so I'm no where near my xBox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Don't worry, no condescending overtone taken. But perhaps, you'll mean it after this following passage. Ha.

So, STEP 1 - STEP 4, no problem. I always load a roster before I play. But what you're saying is that I can change playbooks IN-GAME? Not before I start it? Sorry, I should be "working" right now so I'm no where near my xBox.
No, that's step 4.5, which is, I'm an idiot. What I should have said was click the game you want to play, then at the game options screen, choose the playbook. Then start the game. You definitely do it before the game starts. If this fails, refer to step 4.5.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:44 AM   #13
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
No, that's step 4.5, which is, I'm an idiot. What I should have said was click the game you want to play, then at the game options screen, choose the playbook. Then start the game. You definitely do it before the game starts. If this fails, refer to step 4.5.
Will do, my good man.

I'll let you know, in case you care, if I get it to work.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 26

Something that I don't think has been mentioned: you have to load the playbook first, otherwise it doesn't show up in the screen where you cycle thru and choose playbooks. Also, custom playbooks sometimes get 'kicked out' if you stop a game and exit back to the main menu - they do for sure if you exit a franchise save. So you have to check to make sure it's still loaded before starting another new game.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #15
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

I was about to say, I tried to do that last night and came up with nothing. That's what missing, huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
I was about to say, I tried to do that last night and came up with nothing. That's what missing, huh?
Loading the roster is step 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »