Home

Had an interesting game last night

This is a discussion on Had an interesting game last night within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Had an interesting game last night

So I finished 1985 Miami and wanted to do some testing. I put them up against 85 Browns to replay the first round playoff game. I went down 17-7 at halftime, because I could stop neither Kevin Mack or Earnest Byner with my pathetic rush D.

I picked off Gary Danielson to start the third (Kosar technically should have started, but Danielson started the season and I didn't make the switch- besides, he was better than Kosar in 85) and ran it back. 17-14 Browns

They drive right down for a 30 yard field goal (barely stopped Mack again on 3rd and short). 20-14 Browns

I drive down at the beginning of the 4th and hit Nat Moore for a 30 yarder on 3rd and long and then Joe Carter (who hadn't played all game) ran it in from the 2. 20-21 Miami

Another Browns drive and another field goal. 23-21 Browns

3 minutes left and Mack and Byner again pound it down close, helped by a nice Ozzie Newsome catch and they kick another field goal. 26-21 Browns

27 seconds left from my 20. I hit a wide open, streaking Duriel Harris (who hadn't caught a ball all game) on a 5 wideout set and he gets down to the Browns 28. I hurry up and get it off with 7 seconds left. I am hoping to hit Mark Duper in the corner and get out of bounds. Instead he catches it, runs towards the sideline, but gets tackled as he is getting there. Fortunately, they tackled him right into the endzone with no time remaining. Kick an extra point and win 28-26. Danielson was not happy.

BTW-Miami won that game 24-21 in real life.

Last edited by dophin26; 05-17-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I can't count.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Had an interesting game last night

great story...i was 13 then and i lived in Northeast Ohio at that time (I watched Bernie Kosar play high school football in Boardman, OH). brought back great memories from my childhood...thanks for sharing!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »