Home

NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 01-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Enhancement request:
Ability to change the gamesave name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey guys Im picking up 2k5 today and can someone update me on all this new stuff? What exactly is Finnseditor and what is the use? Anything I should know? The transfer cable for rosters is OTW. Thanks.

EDIT: I found this on nfl2k5rosters. It's confusing as hell. How would I go about doing this?

Quote:
Updated: Jan 2 info:
Here is our final 08 roster rating adjustments. I will periodically release roster updates about once a month or so. This file has a lot of minor
tweaking in the rating as well as playbooks and %'s of play formations for the CPU. Try our settings with the -25% formula to have these play
correctly. Enjoy.

The way we play is before starting a franchise we get our teams, go into finns editor and subtract 25% from pass coverage and run coverage for
each player on just your team, then start a season. This allows the CPU's Passing and Running to stay strong as well as making it as difficult as
possible for your team. This is the KEY to making these rosters play real. Especially the QB play.
The others sliders are 7 min quarters EQ- ON
H Blk 13
H Pass 0
H running 13
H catch full
H Cov 0
H Pursuit 0
H Tackle 13
H Kick 10
Cpu blk,pass,run,cov,catch,kick all full
cpu pursuit 11
cpu tkl 19
injury 14 (just right)
fumble 23
int 0
If you use all these setting listed above this game will play great.

Last edited by XiX_FaTe_XiX; 01-05-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #83
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

This is just how that guy uses the rosters. I've played them myself with my own sliders and no other adjustments with no problems. Or... you could use one of the other rosters available. You really don't need to do any editing.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4

hi there Finn, here is the question i wanted to put to you earlier.

basically the game has a 'squad list' if you like, which it uses to determine who returns punts etc in franchise mode as you probably already know

it does this by selecting the highest rated player in the same position as the player at the top of this 'squad list'

what i realised two days ago, was that this list is viewable in your editor when you try to select a different punt or kick returner in each teams depth chart.

i was wondering if you think that this may be possible to reshuffle this list using the editor moving players up or down rather than releasing and resigning (assigning to a different team and choosing the same team also works in putting players to the bottom of the list)?

let me know your thoughts
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #85
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwevans
hi there Finn, here is the question i wanted to put to you earlier.

basically the game has a 'squad list' if you like, which it uses to determine who returns punts etc in franchise mode as you probably already know

it does this by selecting the highest rated player in the same position as the player at the top of this 'squad list'

what i realised two days ago, was that this list is viewable in your editor when you try to select a different punt or kick returner in each teams depth chart.

i was wondering if you think that this may be possible to reshuffle this list using the editor moving players up or down rather than releasing and resigning (assigning to a different team and choosing the same team also works in putting players to the bottom of the list)?

let me know your thoughts
I don't think I do it the same way the game does since I will never let you pick a QB or a Defensive Lineman to return punts (this happens in game). To be honest, I am not sure how the game decides who should return kicks but I have never really investigated the issue either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #86
Rookie

well take a look at this file in the rar (Roster 1) and look at the 49ers depth chart. go to special teams and click on punt returner. a list of the whole team pops up. A DT is at the top of the list

now look at this one (PR fix) which is a file where i have fixed this issue so correct positions return punts throughout a franchise. Click on the 49ers depth chart and look at the punt returner selection list. it is different and your editor recognises this. all the CBs and HBs etc are at the top because that is the order in which i reassigned all the players.

This is the list the game uses to decide the punt returner throughout a franchise.

does this help illustrate the list i hope to be able to manipulate with the editor?
Attached Files
File Type: rar Files.rar (517.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #87
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwevans
well take a look at this file in the rar (Roster 1) and look at the 49ers depth chart. go to special teams and click on punt returner. a list of the whole team pops up. A DT is at the top of the list

now look at this one (PR fix) which is a file where i have fixed this issue so correct positions return punts throughout a franchise. Click on the 49ers depth chart and look at the punt returner selection list. it is different and your editor recognises this. all the CBs and HBs etc are at the top because that is the order in which i reassigned all the players.

This is the list the game uses to decide the punt returner throughout a franchise.

does this help illustrate the list i hope to be able to manipulate with the editor?
Well, I'll be damned... Maybe I can fix this...
Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #88
Rookie

sweet, that sounds promising

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »