Home

NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 Review - Take the Plunge
Diamond Dynasty Year in Review: Content
Retro Goal Review: Retro Bowl's Brother Arrives on the Switch
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #49
MVP
 
slapnutz2k2's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Not sure if this has been addressed but when I open up one of capa's classic teams, the check box for the pbp doesn't show.
slapnutz2k2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #50
Banned
 
daflyboys's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lehi Valley, PA
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

It's 100% dumb not to sticky this thread. Truly.
daflyboys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #51
MVP
 
FlyingFinn's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NRW, Deutschland
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Not sure if this has been addressed but when I open up one of capa's classic teams, the check box for the pbp doesn't show.
Every player seems to have an attribute that tells what type of player he is. So far, the unique types I have found are:

Standard: Players in the default roster
Created: Players created through the in-game C-A-P.
Historic: Players on the classic teams.
Generated: Draft class players.
Retiring: Players that are retiring.

NOTE: I made up that names as in the save they are just unique numbers.


The check box is not valid for historic teams since it doesn't really map to "Last Name Only". What is really does is allow you to make a "Standard" player into a "Created" player. "Created" players only have the last name said when you create them in game even if the first and last name match an existing PBP name.

I believe that Historic Players and Draft Class players only have the last name said by default as well. The checkbox doesn't show for those types because the game is expecting those players to be of "Historic" type and "Generated" type and things go awry when they are not.

Hope this clears things up.
FlyingFinn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #52
Banned
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

I guess I know what the "type" option is in your editor now. The funny thing is that players that were overwritten in your editor come up as default unless you edit the PBP. DeMarcus Ware was listed as default until I changed his PBP. He was then listed as "created".

On a side note, did you receive the private message that I sent you Finn?
dan77733 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #53
MVP
 
FlyingFinn's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NRW, Deutschland
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I guess I know what the "type" option is in your editor now. The funny thing is that players that were overwritten in your editor come up as default unless you edit the PBP. DeMarcus Ware was listed as default until I changed his PBP. He was then listed as "created".

On a side note, did you receive the private message that I sent you Finn?
When you overwrite a player in the editor you do not change his type. If was a standard player, he stays that way, if he was a generated player he stays that way etc... no matter who you make him into.

As for the PM, I am not sure. What did it deal with?
FlyingFinn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #54
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Nov 2004
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

1. Ability to edit the names of the teams and their cities. This would allow someone the ability to create an all generic team roster, an APF style roster, or a roster with teams in their previous cities (Baltimore Colts, LA Rams, etc). It would also cover any possibility of a team moving to another city in the future like Los Angeles.

2. Ability to Auto Update draft class ages or to globally change birth years of the draft class. I'm not sure if this is true for everyone but in my franchise files, the ages of the draft class players is higher than what they should be. I'm getting a lot of rookies that are 25+ years old coming into the league.

3. I second the ability to view (and hopefully edit) "team needs." Though that is probably something that is calculated in-game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was mistakenly made a stagnant value for all the teams though, as teams only draft T, QB, RB, and DE, my team needs email always lists 3 of those 4 positions, and these positions tend to be some of the most heavily traded in franchise. If the team needs could be edited, I believe the draft, FA, and trading in franchise would greatly be improved.
__________________
XBL Gamertag- thejackal25
thejackal25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #55
Banned
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
When you overwrite a player in the editor you do not change his type. If was a standard player, he stays that way, if he was a generated player he stays that way etc... no matter who you make him into.

As for the PM, I am not sure. What did it deal with?
The PM dealt with several things -

1) How the progress is going with editing the playoff schedule.

2) If you could look into being able to edit the "team needs" option in franchise.

3) If you could look into being able to type in the college for players who didnt go to a college that's on the drop down list.

4) If you could look into being able to edit every team's offensive, defensive and overall ratings.

5) If it's possible to have two players with the same four digit coding for PBP but have their names spelled differently and without it reverting back to the original player. For example, have Renaldo Hill and Reynaldo Hill attached to the same coding but both would still be separate in order for me to use the default player's name but have it spelled correctly for the created player.

Thanks Finn.
dan77733 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #56
Banned
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
The PM dealt with several things -

1) How the progress is going with editing the playoff schedule.

2) If you could look into being able to edit the "team needs" option in franchise.

3) If you could look into being able to type in the college for players who didnt go to a college that's on the drop down list.

4) If you could look into being able to edit every team's offensive, defensive and overall ratings.

5) If it's possible to have two players with the same four digit coding for PBP but have their names spelled differently and without it reverting back to the original player. For example, have Renaldo Hill and Reynaldo Hill attached to the same coding but both would still be separate in order for me to use the default player's name but have it spelled correctly for the created player.

Thanks Finn.
bump
dan77733 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.
Top -