Home

No progression?

This is a discussion on No progression? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: No progression?

oh god... >__< reading all this... =/ I think I'm going back to madden.I wish I had of known about all these glitches before I wasted all the money and time getting the editor,game,and action replay. -___- guess I'll wait till I get my ps3 in a couple months and get madden 09 on it.I read in game informer they really fixed the AI.So like...a team with two good RB's on it wouldn't go and draft another one in the first round....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

^GL w/ that
Old 08-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #27
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

so Im reading through all of this, and am wondering...... Could you edit in your own progressions with Finn's editor at the end of each franchise season by messing with the ratings based on that finshed season's stats?? I know that sounds tedious, but if you just pick out a few major players from each team it wouldnt be that bad would it? The search feature would make it pretty quick
Old 08-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #28
MVP

well you can definitely restore the previous season's ratings instantly using the editor to undo any annoying progression...

and yes you could use the global editor after this to raise/lower attributes by a percent or fixed amount for players w/ a specific # of years exp

eg: raise consistency each year for players 7 years or less exp, lower SPD AGL etc after 10 years exp, etc etc
Old 08-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake4Ever2003
oh god... >__< reading all this... =/ I think I'm going back to madden.I wish I had of known about all these glitches before I wasted all the money and time getting the editor,game,and action replay. -___- guess I'll wait till I get my ps3 in a couple months and get madden 09 on it.I read in game informer they really fixed the AI.So like...a team with two good RB's on it wouldn't go and draft another one in the first round....
First, the majority of the glitches can be eliminated by using Finn's editor in one way, shape or form. Second, if you have broadband, go on ebay and buy an Xbox Live kit. Download the patch and like magic, the clipping penalty is gone.

Third, GI has said that the AI has been fixed every year but yet it never is. Sorry, but all magazines will never ever review Madden honestly because they're not going to lose the advertising money paid to them by EA. Fourth, it's Madden which has been crap for years and without any competition, there's no reason for EA to even care about the game that they're releasing.

And finally, after four years, 2K5 still blows away Crapadden in nearly every aspect. How sad (and funny) is that?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 AM   #30
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
well you can definitely restore the previous season's ratings instantly using the editor to undo any annoying progression...
Hey Puja- I am guessing that is through the EXPORT PLAYER DATA and then RESTORE, but how does this work? (never used it) I need to export the data before simming a season and then I restore once I've switched/simmed to the next year? It just restores the attributes to their previous numbers? No other changes?

On that note, doesn't using the "clear rookie stats" mess something up, like PBP names or something like that? I want to use it, but can't remember the consequences.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #31
MVP

i dont know of any consequences for "clear rookie stats"

just try the restore tool. you're not giving it enough credit. people dont understand the power of the editor...

you can restore exactly & ONLY exactly what you want; like you could restore SPD only or SPD/AGL only. and not just attributes but basically every piece of info including PBP photo etc

this is how i update instantly my draft prospects across both a roster & in the "in-game draft pool" for franchise; first i just edit the real-life rookie names into the draft pool in franchise (dont change anything else though)... then i have roster where i have been adding all my draft prospects to free agency throughout the season based on scouting sites (in this roster file, i have advanced the year a few times so there are NO rookies except for my prospects)

then, in this roster, i can edit everything for the rookies that i cant do as easily in the editor right in free agency; eg i can see & tweak OVR rating (& see positional rankings since they are sorted best to worst in FA by OVR rating) & I can check out their appearances etc. Then i just export the data back into my franchise instantly w/ the tool; i tell the program to match fullname & years pro... but since the years pro is incorrect for every player except my draft prospects ONLY they get updated. it's flawless

Last edited by puja21; 08-04-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Smile Re: No progression?

Thanks, and yeah, you're right, I don't understand all the editor does. I've fully editied 3 rosters and am still learning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »