Home

I know this a 2k forum but who's excited about EA's NCAA 09

This is a discussion on I know this a 2k forum but who's excited about EA's NCAA 09 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
I know this a 2k forum but who's excited about EA's NCAA 09

I know this a 2k forum but who's looking forward to EA's NCAA 09. To be honest I won't even look at Madden, no reason to, but I do love college football. We used to play it on the last gen, but the 08 game was not very good to say the least. I think I played it for about 3 mins. I just wanted to get some thoughts on my fellow 2k players about their thoughts on this release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: I know this a 2k forum but who's excited about EA's NCAA 09

I hate EA with a passion. The last great games they released were Road Rash and Need For Speed on 3DO. Since then, every game has been crap and their sports games have been leading the way. The only other game that I ever purchased from EA was Def Jam Vendetta and that was only because AKI (WWF No Mercy, WWF WrestleMania 2000 and WCW games on Nintendo 64) developed it.

Anyway, EA sucks.

*back to 2K5*
Old 06-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
I know this a 2k forum but who's looking forward to EA's NCAA 09. To be honest I won't even look at Madden, no reason to, but I do love college football. We used to play it on the last gen, but the 08 game was not very good to say the least. I think I played it for about 3 mins. I just wanted to get some thoughts on my fellow 2k players about their thoughts on this release.
I am. Love college football and have felt that NCAA has been better than Madden for the past 6 years.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Even if VC made it Id be hard pressed to care much about Division 1-A football. The lack of any type of playoff or tournament just kills the sport for me (video and real life).
Old 06-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
The lack of any type of playoff or tournament just kills the sport for me (video and real life).
As an ex college player in IRL, playoff, or no.....if you love the sport, you love the sport. I can tell you that when the schollys came at me I didnt say "nah.....there is no playoff, I'll pay for school instead."

Even though Ea makes stuff that makes me pull out my hair each year - I look forward to NCAA every year as it always plays better than Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
As an ex college player in IRL, playoff, or no.....if you love the sport, you love the sport. I can tell you that when the schollys came at me I didnt say "nah.....there is no playoff, I'll pay for school instead."

Even though Ea makes stuff that makes me pull out my hair each year - I look forward to NCAA every year as it always plays better than Madden.
If I played college ball Im sure Id have a passion for the game as well. Being 'just' a sports fan though, the lack of an 'on the field' conclusion leaves me cold.
Is there any other sport in the world that does this?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

I always play NCAA cuz I love to simulate dynasties. Just hit "simulate" and gamble on winning each game. Its great drama to me. No saving till the off season. Which I love too. Recruiting players, developing them over time, imagining their draft stock.

I like to take a really $h!tty team like San Jose State and build them up through recruitment. It's a great way to waste time bewteen football seasons.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
If I played college ball Im sure Id have a passion for the game as well. Being 'just' a sports fan though, the lack of an 'on the field' conclusion leaves me cold.
Is there any other sport in the world that does this?
I wish there were a playoff but I can tell you that had I been fortunate enough to have won a championship (pre-BCS) I would have not thought it was tainted or not real and would be forever proud of it.

To each his own.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »