Home

bought a copy of 2k5 today

This is a discussion on bought a copy of 2k5 today within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #17
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: bought a copy of 2k5 today

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
I really dont know where game informer gets there info from, other than the mindless hags that do there reviews and kiss up to EA. I regret deeply in getting there mag when i got my gamestop discount card.

From the few days i have been playing, i have played over 10 games and i have yet to blow out the computer or see the ball travel through someone or someones body part. My largest win margin was 17 and that was against the Lions. (sorry Lions fans) I know for a fact that since i have fallen to the dark side and played madden since 06', i still find 2k5's secondary far more superior.
Yeah, agreed. On Game Informer, I actually like a lot of what they do, and it's my favorite print publication for games. But GI, just like the entire review industry, they have built-in biases to the point where I don't even think they know they're doing it.

For example, if some no-name game studio puts out a garbage video game for a movie like "Cars," IGN and all the other publications have no problem ripping said game a new one, even if it did go on to become the 2nd highest selling game of 2006 (behind, you guessed it, Madden). And if Guitar Hero keeps chugging out mindless sequels to make money (like GH: Aerosmith), you'll see reviewers penalize them for failing to innovate.

Yet, when Electronic Arts puts a facelift on the same crap year after year, all the review outlets still hype up their new releases like they're the greatest thing ever. Then you bring home Madden '08, and it's not even half the game of 2k5, or even some of the older Maddens! Only reason being that they need that advertising revenue, and game magazines have a symbiotic relationship with cash cows like Madden, which simaltaneously ruin the industry AND provide it with the majority of its funds.

Sure 2k5 has some flaws in pass coverage, but the risk/reward, at the end of the day, makes more sense than in Madden. And while I think you can get too wrapped up in making a "simulation" (as opposed to just enjoying a "fun" game), there's nothing fun about gameplay broken by mindless and arbitrary INT's and fumbles, as was last year's Madden.

I don't prefer NFL 2k5 over Madden because I want to, I would much rather be playing a state-of-the-art HD videogame that all my friends are playing. But if said game SUCKS, then forget it, I'm playing 2k5 for $1.99!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

I need help getting rosters for the 360. Please help, reply or pm would be greatly appreciated!!
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

nvm, I see the thread. Can I send my memory card with a self addressed postal pack to someone who will put the roster on there?
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 07-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #20
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
nvm, I see the thread. Can I send my memory card with a self addressed postal pack to someone who will put the roster on there?

me too. please email me. [email protected]
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-01-2008, 02:09 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

its not possible to put an xbox1 gamesave on a 360 memory card.

this is why ppl are spending money on transfer kits/xports & starting thread after thread on how to get the files moved... before it's asked again, there are many threads detailing this on the first page of the forum. or you could search
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »