Home

which side of the field does the #1 wr play?

This is a discussion on which side of the field does the #1 wr play? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
which side of the field does the #1 wr play?

Which side of the field does the #1 wr play? Does he play on the left side of the qb or the right/TE's side? While we are at it, which side of the field does the #1 CB play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: which side of the field does the #1 wr play?

I want to say the strong side (the right-hand side) for both, but it's been a while since I've played.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

it's LWR & RCB which are the #1s & matchup against one another
Old 06-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

I put the top rated player for the WR, DT, DE, OLB and CB position on the left side whether they play on that side in reality or not because if you run a formation with only one WR or CB, it's the left side that's in the formation so instead of having to do more substitutions for no apparent reason, I always put the higher rated player on the left side.

After all, why would you want a 70 something rated WR or CB in the formation when you have a 90 something stud on your roster in that position?

At least, that's what I do anyway. The only positions that I dont do that are OG and OT because they all play anyway no matter what. OL wise, I put the players where they should be.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
MVP

^except you should put the #1 CB at RCB since you should never see a 1 CB formation in this game anyway...b/c all youve done by putting them both on the left side is assure that they will rarely matchup against one another (except during flips & such)

also to the OP: unfortunately, the team playbooks vary which of the CBs plays the nickel slot by default (ie sometimes it's LCB#2 & sometimes RCB#2), so you have to check the manual substitutions to see which it is when setting up your depth chart. For example, in the SD PB the nickel back is LCB#2, so last year you'd want Drayton Florence there. However, in the MIA PB it is RCB#2, so you'd want to put their #3 there rather than at LCB#2. Frustrating.

If anyone has this information they should post it; eg LCB#2= Nickel for X teams & RCB#2= Nickel for Y teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

i just use depth charts that the NFL uses... and move palyers as shown..
Old 06-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^except you should put the #1 CB at RCB since you should never see a 1 CB formation in this game anyway...b/c all youve done by putting them both on the left side is assure that they will rarely matchup against one another (except during flips & such)

also to the OP: unfortunately, the team playbooks vary which of the CBs plays the nickel slot by default (ie sometimes it's LCB#2 & sometimes RCB#2), so you have to check the manual substitutions to see which it is when setting up your depth chart. For example, in the SD PB the nickel back is LCB#2, so last year you'd want Drayton Florence there. However, in the MIA PB it is RCB#2, so you'd want to put their #3 there rather than at LCB#2. Frustrating.

If anyone has this information they should post it; eg LCB#2= Nickel for X teams & RCB#2= Nickel for Y teams.
True but another reason why I always put the top rated CB at LCB is so he can appear during the coin toss. That's how I found out that Donte' Stallworth (LWR), Mike McKenzie and Rashean Mathis didnt appear for whatever reason. I recreated them and amazingly, they appear.

I know that the top CB and WR will rarely match up but the majority of the time, it doesnt happen in reality either. Players are set to whichever side their better / most comfortable at.

As for the nickel problem, that's why I always put the third highest rated player at both. I dont do that left/right crap. It's stupid because if you have a good backup rated 75 at RCB but a 60 rated CB at LCB and your starting LCB gets injured, you'll have the 60 rated player starting instead of the 75 rated player. Just another reason why I like to have players rated in order that they should be in. I hate seeing lower rated players starting and vice versa. Another thing that annoys me to no end.

For example, take the 49ers from 2007 -

LCB Clements / Spencer / etc.
RCB Harris / Spencer / etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »