Home

HELP!!! Every roster is in a damn zipped folder!!! WTF???

This is a discussion on HELP!!! Every roster is in a damn zipped folder!!! WTF??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: HELP!!! Every roster is in a damn zipped folder!!! WTF???

Well, I solved the problem to the way it was when I was using 2000. After downloading the trial version, I purchased WinZip and it automatically unzips all the files when I download them. So, instead of seeing a zipped folder when that download security message pops up after you click on a download, it's automatically good to go and while zipped folders can be used, I didnt want it that way. I'm used to the files already being unzipped like in 2000. Bottom line is that im a happy camper and that's all that matters.

schwally -

Windows 2000 was obviously outdated but here's a better one - im still using dial-up 56K. Well, at least for another week or so until I receive my broadband modem from NetZero. Hell, I was using dialup since 2000 when I had Dreamcast and PlanetWeb was used as the web browser. Yep, im old school. LOL.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

we even have cell phones and high definition television as well...
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
Banned

Cell Phones are good if you're a person who needs it for work or if you're a parent and have young kids so you can stay in contact with them. All these other idiots who have them just so they can bs or text the same crap everyday only do so because they have nothing else better to do. Thankfully, im not one of those people.

HDTV is good but im not spending thousands of dollars just to get a better picture. Just one of many reasons why I have no interest in next gen gaming.

But hey, to each his own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

boo

i love txting... u keep in touch w/ old friends minus the trappings of a long phone call. keep the inside jokes going, picture msgs of funny crap etc.

wouldve lost half my high school/college friends without it

edit: just saw you are still on dialup... google "picture message" if confused by new fangled technology
Old 07-29-2008, 02:37 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Cell Phones are good if you're a person who needs it for work or if you're a parent and have young kids so you can stay in contact with them. All these other idiots who have them just so they can bs or text the same crap everyday only do so because they have nothing else better to do. Thankfully, im not one of those people.

HDTV is good but im not spending thousands of dollars just to get a better picture. Just one of many reasons why I have no interest in next gen gaming.

But hey, to each his own.
easy, padre...it was a joke!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
boo

i love txting... u keep in touch w/ old friends minus the trappings of a long phone call. keep the inside jokes going, picture msgs of funny crap etc.

wouldve lost half my high school/college friends without it

edit: just saw you are still on dialup... google "picture message" if confused by new fangled technology
I hate texting mainly because all these idiots at work tend to do that than actully work which keeps me there longer and thus pisses me off. And then they wonder why they only get 10 hours a week. Plus, everyone seems to get in the habit of texting to the point where they never actually see and hang out with the person that they're texting all the time. I would much rather talk to people face to face.

I have been out of HS for over a decade so the friends I had moved on and are long gone.

My dialup service will be obsolete in another day or two as I already signed up for NetZero Broadband DSL. It's already been activated. I'm just waiting for the kit to arrive via DHL.

Another reason that I have no interest in having a cell phone or a sidekick is the money factor. My friend was getting an $80+ bill or his cell phone. Once his contract ended, he decided to just pay for a set amount of minutes. He's down to about half of what he was paying. For me personally, a cell phone is just another bill that I dont want.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

56k? Wow. Does that somehow make you a technophobe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

This is how Dan calculates the player ratings in his roster:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »