Home

Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
?s

Say I have a roster now that doesn't have TO. Is it possible to save player data including his stat from the default roster and transfer it to the new roster? That way when I edit the player he will show TO's career stats.

Also I noticed in the newest editor version you added the NFL, AFC, NFC rosters to make editable. Is there anyway to choose which players they point to? For Instance Moss and Bailey have changed conferences. Can it be possible to point Bailey and Moss to AFC?

Can pro bowl depth charts be editable?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: ?s

where do you find the NFL/NFC/AFC rosters in the newest editor (3.0.1.19)
Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
where do you find the NFL/NFC/AFC rosters in the newest editor (3.0.1.19)
Click show all teams in the options.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblutarheel
Say I have a roster now that doesn't have TO. Is it possible to save player data including his stat from the default roster and transfer it to the new roster? That way when I edit the player he will show TO's career stats.

Also I noticed in the newest editor version you added the NFL, AFC, NFC rosters to make editable. Is there anyway to choose which players they point to? For Instance Moss and Bailey have changed conferences. Can it be possible to point Bailey and Moss to AFC?

Can pro bowl depth charts be editable?
No.

Not at this time.

Not at this time.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Click show all teams in the options.
i just didnt realize you had to close/reopen any file open at the time before the change would apply
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
No.

Not at this time.

Not at this time.
finn, couldnt this be done using the editor exclusively?

eg if we wanted the starting NFC CB to be one of Trufant/Harris/Newman for last year instead of Champ Bailey... couldnt we just edit Bailey into one of those 3 & vice versa? so i would paste Trufant on Bailey in the editor & change his name & whatever else to make it Marcus Trufant to a "T." And then make Trufant into Bailey.

Or is the pro bowl link tied specifically to the player's name/photo/etc... something which would follow back & point to bailey anyway despite this
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #7
MVP

^to answer my own question... yes, this method works. so you CAN in fact edit both pro bowl rosters & (to some degree) pro bowl depth charts. check the attached file by loading it up, playing a game w/ the AFC pro bowl, and checking their depth chart on offense.

this is one of my 07-08 rosters, where I updated the AFC Offense ONLY including punter/kicker just to test that this method is effective. You can see that the actual 32-team rosters remain accurate (for last season of course) AND the AFC pro bowl team's offense is that of the 2008 pro bowl. I went by voting and not who actually played:

QB1 Brady
QB2 Manning
QB3 Roethlisberger
RB1 Tomlinson
RB2 Addai
RB3 Parker
FB Neal
TE1 Gates
TE2 Gonzalez
WR1 Moss
WR2 Wayne
WR3 Edwards
WR4 Houshmanzadeh
WR5 Johnson
T1 Light
T2 Peters
T3 Ogden
T4 Thomas
G1 Faneca
G2 Mankins
C1 Saturday
C2 Koppen
K Bironas
P Lechler

You cant really edit special teams depth charts unfortunately; by default those are set for the AFC as the #4 WR (Housh) being #1 returner for both punts/kicks & the #2 WR (Wayne) as KR2

The only small downside to this method is that I have to fix the contracts for the ~100 edited players after updating the pro bowl rosters as there is no way to paste a contract even using "exact copy" in the editor. It looks to be about a 5 hour project to do both NFC/AFC complete teams & fix everyone's contracts. Also, accumulated career stats look like they'll be lost but whatever since we are missing from 2004 anyway.

I will be featuring updated pro bowl rosters in my final 07-08 roster. Similarly, as long as no one from the 2008 pro bowl has retired, my 08-09 rosters will also have the same 2008 pro bowl rosters accurate too (if anyone from the 08 pro bowl retires-- eg if Favre had stayed retired-- then whoever I edit that player into would replace them on the pro bowl roster in this upcoming season's file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_ProBowlTest.zip (235.6 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by puja21; 08-07-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
MVP

ok i just finished doing the entire pro bowl rosters for both AFC & NFC in my roster. found some interesting things:
--to find the games "hidden depth chart" you can view the pro bowl teams in the editor & sort by position.. the subsequent order of the players will be the depth chart with a few hiccups i'll describe now:
--the depth chart location for the player on his regular team can affect his depth slot on the pro bowl team

For example, i wanted the depth set by the voting on the pro bowl teams, but i couldnt seem to get Marion Barber (#2 NFC RB) to move ahead of Westbrook in the NFC no matter who i copied him over... then i realized it was b/c Barber was the #2 back on the Cowboys behind Julius Jones in my roster.
Similarly, this phenomenon affects positions where there is a left & right side; eg DeMarcus Ware & Julian Peterson were both starting ROLBs in my roster on DAL & SEA respectively... so even though Ware was #2 OLB on the NFC pro bowl team in the "value order," he was slotted behind Julian Peterson on the right side instead of starting on the left side. Greg Ellis ended up starting on the left b/c he was the Cowboys LOLB starter in my file.
The only solution to this that i can see is to flip Ware/Ellis on the Cowboys & start Barber... otherwise the pro bowl depth chart will be a little F'd up. So, it looks like it's a pick your poison kind of thing (either incorrect pro bowl starters or incorrect 32-team starters). The same thing happened at defensive end of course. And there's no way that i can see to get returners in the right spot either... the game seems to default to a RB or receiver unfortunately but at least it's a return position and not a guard or Qb or something

Anyway, my final 07 roster will have accurate pro bowl teams & my 08 roster will too except for Sean Taylor... whoever overwrites him will either be on the team or I can add another good safety from 07 instead.

One last thing: the 2008 NFC pro bowl team didnt have many injury replacements at all, so there weren't actually 51 players like the default 2004 pro bowl team has. Even with adding LS Ethan Albright & special teamers Devin Hester & Brendon Ayanbadejo, i was still short 3 players. As a result I had to add 3 players to the bottom of the depth charts who weren't in the pro bowl last year to fill it out. I did this based on who had good seasons & missed out last year, so I picked Brees to be the #5 QB behind Favre, Hasselbeck, Romo, & Garcia. Colston is the last receiver & Portis is the #4 halfback behind Peterson, Barber, & Westbrook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »