Home

How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09?

This is a discussion on How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09?

Sticking with 2k5 as usual....count me in....Romo actually throws side armed in 2k5.i dont know why or how but he does.....makes things alot better for me haha.....but overall 2k5 is much better than anything madden has done this year or any year... long live 2k football....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #42
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

My roomie just got Madden '09 for the PS3, and before the first snap of the first game he played, it froze on him. Ha.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I have Madden 09. I think it's technically a good game, but it just doesn't do it for me. That being said, 2k5 is sort of losing it's luster for me as well.

For me I am doing neither and sticking with Head Coach, it's drawn me and like no game since 2k5, the immersion level is simply outstanding.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #44
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Having played Madden much more now, I can say that the primary area that it trumps 2k5 is in the graphics. Not that I like the style better but being next gen and HD really immerse you in the environment. Having said this I still like the mechanics and functionality of 2k5. Not to mention becuase of Finns editor I can tweak the crap out of everything player related, wether I am in a franchise or not. Here are a few things Madden does better though that 2k5 just will never do well as it is 4 years old and stuck in that state.

Madden does screen passes better. 2K5....not so much.
Madden stadiums and lighting are much better. 2k5 looks good but is dated and lower res.
Madden controls are much more reactive (which oddly doesn't necessarily translate into better gameplay for me!) 2k5 still gets stuck in extended animations and DB play is just awkward.

I admit, sadly, that I am primarily trying to like Madden because it looks so darn good and I am in an online league and hear it plays well head to head. The presentation still stinks but the lighting and field and weather effects look so cool I am getting sucked in! The gameplay is better than any Madden I can remember but still feels stale.

I am seriously thinking about popping in 2k5. Warts and all, it still feels like a more "well-rounded product" to me....and it actually calls realistic penalties!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #45
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

The thing that killed this game for me was all the crazy CPU trades that would take place. Was there a way to turn it off? I'd rather live with the weird draft logic than see Ed Reed get traded for Donovan McNabb. Way too many players moved around via trade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 20

just use the editor to control all teams & remove players from the trading block between wks

no trades will happen
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #47
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

I actually enjoy the CPU trades, none of them were too outlandish, and they gave some 'life' to the franchise.
I am looking forward to Head Coach from what bk and others are saying it sounds very intriguing.
but for me; Head Coach <-> 2K5/APF is apples and oranges.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I have Madden 09. I think it's technically a good game, but it just doesn't do it for me. That being said, 2k5 is sort of losing it's luster for me as well.

For me I am doing neither and sticking with Head Coach, it's drawn me and like no game since 2k5, the immersion level is simply outstanding.
2K5 may be losing its appeal and whatnot but after all, it is over four years old.

How's NFL Head Coach by the way? The original one? I dont have 360 or PS3. There's a lot of pure simulation aspects that sound good but overall, is it worth the $20 for PS2? And in your opinion, what are the positives and negatives?

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »