Home

XBox or XBox 360?

This is a discussion on XBox or XBox 360? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
XBox or XBox 360?

I'm not feeling Madden 09 and will trade it in if the second patch doesn't improve my experience.

I plan on getting 2k5 if I can find it for $1 or $2. I have a 360 and a regular XBox. I also have an action replay for XBox and whatever the equivalent device is called for 360.
Here's my question: Which system should I play it on. Will it look the same on both or better on 360? My 360 is connected to an HDTV. My regular XBox is not.

And will I need some other cable or device to adapt it to my 360, or is it good to go as-is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: XBox or XBox 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I'm not feeling Madden 09 and will trade it in if the second patch doesn't improve my experience.

I plan on getting 2k5 if I can find it for $1 or $2. I have a 360 and a regular XBox. I also have an action replay for XBox and whatever the equivalent device is called for 360.
Here's my question: Which system should I play it on. Will it look the same on both or better on 360? My 360 is connected to an HDTV. My regular XBox is not.

And will I need some other cable or device to adapt it to my 360, or is it good to go as-is?
FYI:

To play with current rosters on the 360 you would need to buy an xport/xsata or get the transfer cable from M$. The datel memory card thing won't work.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
FYI:

To play with current rosters on the 360 you would need to buy an xport/xsata or get the transfer cable from M$. The datel memory card thing won't work.
I have a 360 and the transfer cable from MS, the one thing I can't find on this site is the web address of where I can download the roster file.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I've played on both systems and I can barely tell the difference. The Xbox I have is hooked up using HD cables so I do get true widescreen 480P. When I use the 360 my TV reports 1080i but it really doesn;t look any better to me....or if it is better the difference is minor.

HOwever, if all you have for your xbox is a standard svideo/video connector then by all means play on the 360. I think it will look better for sure.

Good Luck.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

If your xbox is hooked up to a standard TV and your 360 is hooked up to High Def TV, definitely go with the 360. It looks much much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I have a 360 and the transfer cable from MS, the one thing I can't find on this site is the web address of where I can download the roster file.
http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/index.html
Old 08-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Thank you.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Even with original xbox HD cables, the 480p on my HDTV still looks like crap, all jaggy and choppy, maybe this just happens on the Sharp TVs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »