Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 01-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon8 Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

for some reason its still not noticing my hard drive
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

Just wondering... Since I believe one person had a problem with this, does using an official transfer cable, to update the roster delete everything off your hard drive? Cuz on the XBox support website, it says it deletes your files when it transfers... I'm pretty paranoid now, I'm getting a cable right now and i have the game already, can someone just verify with me?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #155
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupiDxAzN
Just wondering... Since I believe one person had a problem with this, does using an official transfer cable, to update the roster delete everything off your hard drive? Cuz on the XBox support website, it says it deletes your files when it transfers... I'm pretty paranoid now, I'm getting a cable right now and i have the game already, can someone just verify with me?
No. It only deletes if you do the "official" transfer, using the disc that comes with it to transfer files from the old 20gb to the new 120gb. As it transfers it also wipes the 20gb HDD clean.

It DOES NOT delete any files if you are just using it to plug your HDD to your computer to swap files
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #156
Rookie

so i put jsou and pujas rosters on my hard drive but everytime i play through the 1st or 2nd quarter i get a disk error saying its damaged or dirty which it isnt because before i put them on it never did that...any help?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #157
Rookie

Finally got my Hard Drive Transfer Cable which is an official one, so it's made by Microsoft...

However, it isn't recoginzing my harddrive... And I looked on the Device Manager like the blurb said, and I can even find the item they want me to access the USB hub that my cable is connected to...

Someone help me?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #158
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Finally got my Hard Drive Transfer Cable which is an official one, so it's made by Microsoft...

However, it isn't recoginzing my harddrive... And I looked on the Device Manager like the blurb said, and I can even find the item they want me to access the USB hub that my cable is connected to...

Someone help me?
Do you have Vista? Did you select "run as administrator" yet? If you right click on Xport and choose "run as administrator" it should show up.

Also for Vista, this might help:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sue-vista.html

Disabling user account control also works for HDD recognition
Old 01-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #159
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Do you have Vista? Did you select "run as administrator" yet? If you right click on Xport and choose "run as administrator" it should show up.

Also for Vista, this might help:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sue-vista.html

Disabling user account control also works for HDD recognition
No, I use Windows XP, forgot to mention that, and I do have administration rights... When I plug in the USB (which is connected to the HDD) it says there was an error installing it if that helps.

I'm using the Xport 360 V2.00 which I downloaded from the link on the first page of this thread. All it says is a problem installing the new hardware, and it can't detech my HDD. I'm wondering if it's the cable or not.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #160
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
No, I use Windows XP, forgot to mention that, and I do have administration rights... When I plug in the USB (which is connected to the HDD) it says there was an error installing it if that helps.

I'm using the Xport 360 V2.00 which I downloaded from the link on the first page of this thread. All it says is a problem installing the new hardware, and it can't detech my HDD. I'm wondering if it's the cable or not.
Maybe it's an issue of compatibility with the cable and it's drivers? What size HDD do you have? (any other specifics about your issue that you can think of would help too). I know people have trouble getting the 20GB to read with the transfer cable.

I've read some other people are having trouble with v2.0. when using the MS transfer cable as well, which is why I wondered aloud about a compatibility issue. You might have to backtrack to an earlier version.

I am using 1.11 with no trouble (and I also use the MS cable). Here's a link to a download for it (I checked it out already with no troubles):

http://www.maximummemory.com/xbox360...rt_360_111.zip

In the mean time, I'll keep hunting around to see if I can find something for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »