Home

Creating schedules for 2k5

This is a discussion on Creating schedules for 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Creating schedules for 2k5

Hi,,,I read in here regularly. I have used Finn's editor for a while now and have created a full hybred roster ( mix of teams from 1972-1980), ready for season play. I must also say to the guys who have created rosters, you have my total respect, especially to Finn for not only making a great tool, but also inspiring many of us to forge ahead w/roster, player enhancements and just being able to more fully enjoy this great game(2k5).

Now my dilemma, I have tried to create a schedule from scratch ( outside of Finn's editor), using notepad. The problem is, when I create the schedule, the editor doesn't recognize the file. Is it possible to create a file and have the data/zip file be readable by the editor?

If so, could someone please give me the steps to complete the process??? It would be a great help and would save a lot of time if you could cut and past schedules to notepad. Then have the data file created to be read by the editor.

Please note,, I did a search on this and could not find any specific thread on this,,,If some has posted on this...please excuse.

Thanks...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp vikingsH1.bmp (108.3 KB, 89 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Creating schedules for 2k5

If you get Bad_Als History program, you can load any given year's schedule, change it to your liking (It reads like notepad and I've even edited in Word and repasted in his scheduler) and then save it. It will save it as a file readable by Finn's editor. You can also schedule from scratch in Finn's editor, but it only allows you to save if all teams are scheduled for 16 games and proper home/away is scheduled. You can schedule any way you want using the scheduler.

One note: If you switch teams in a franchise, you should keep track of who is replacing whom in the league (ex. if the Rams take the slot by he Lions, you'll want to note that) because the scheduler doesn't know teams, it knows slots and your schedule will be messed up.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey..Thanks Dophin26, yes it works well w/the History schedule program. Although I have had much difficulty using that program,, I forgot about the schedule feature,,,so that solves my immediate problem,,,thanks again to you and Big Al.

I still wish I knew how to actually create a readable schedule data file (for Finns editor) from scratch. I think Al might have the answer since it obviously works in his program.

Just curious...

Last edited by Thorsrock1; 09-02-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: wrong name and missing object in secind paragraph
Old 09-02-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
If you get Bad_Als History program, you can load any given year's schedule, change it to your liking (It reads like notepad and I've even edited in Word and repasted in his scheduler) and then save it. It will save it as a file readable by Finn's editor. You can also schedule from scratch in Finn's editor, but it only allows you to save if all teams are scheduled for 16 games and proper home/away is scheduled. You can schedule any way you want using the scheduler.

One note: If you switch teams in a franchise, you should keep track of who is replacing whom in the league (ex. if the Rams take the slot by he Lions, you'll want to note that) because the scheduler doesn't know teams, it knows slots and your schedule will be messed up.
Question about Bad Al's program. If I re-create the 1976 season, when there were only 28 teams and a 14-game schedule, what happens to the other four teams? Will they still be in the league (standings, leaders, stats, etc.) or will they be eliminated? And can you have a 14-game schedule or must it be 16 games?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Question about Bad Al's program. If I re-create the 1976 season, when there were only 28 teams and a 14-game schedule, what happens to the other four teams? Will they still be in the league (standings, leaders, stats, etc.) or will they be eliminated? And can you have a 14-game schedule or must it be 16 games?
The other 4 teams will be scheduled to play against themselves.
The teams that existed in that year will play a 14 game schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »