Home

help with catching the ball

This is a discussion on help with catching the ball within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: help with catching the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^i think he's playing w/ updated rosters based on some other posts of his i saw

also 96 CTH for Braylon "20 drops" Edwards? j/king but he is very TO-like in that way... drop the sure thing & catch the impossible
i honestly think it has to do with Gr18 roster......that whole aggression thing.......it almost feels like the teams are super human....or better way to describe it is like playing an all madden team......

i have not been enjoying this game at all since using this roster.......its very frustrating and feels like im being cheesed by the cpu......

in no way am i putting down gr18 work, its just not my cup of tea
Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i honestly think it has to do with Gr18 roster......that whole aggression thing.......it almost feels like the teams are super human....or better way to describe it is like playing an all madden team......

i have not been enjoying this game at all since using this roster.......its very frustrating and feels like im being cheesed by the cpu......

in no way am i putting down gr18 work, its just not my cup of tea

Yeah, having a hard time using these rosters as well. Find myself getting a bit too frustrated. I switched back to default rosters just to see if there was a difference. The superhuman mode disappeared. Will just have to try out some new rosters as they become available.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not having a problem with drops like that.I don't think it's the aggression because receivers are about twice as high as the db's.Receivers are 99 while safeties are only 64 and corners 50.

I don't press any buttons on open passes or use maximum.If it's db's causing the problem,I would say to keep coverage and pursuit sliders very low until you find your niche.

Every receiver and tight end is rated high enough in their catching to not have a problem based on that.

Last edited by gr18; 09-08-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm not having a problem with drops like that.I don't think it's the aggression because receivers are about twice as high as the db's.Receivers are 99 while safeties are only 64 and corners 50.

I don't press any buttons on open passes or use maximum.If it's db's causing the problem,I would say to keep coverage and pursuit sliders very low until you find your niche.

Every receiver and tight end is rated high enough in their catching to not have a problem based on that.
Gr18, just wanted to say again that i am not saying anything against your file......i think its an amazing piece of work and the effort is truly appreciated.....

i havnt given up and i have made more slider adjustments,......when i talk about the aggression, i notice on alot of plays that the DB's play like Jack Tatum and lay wicked hits on the WR and jar the ball out of his hands......i know big hits happen, but this seems to happen all the time

other times, and this is why i made the thread.....i will have a wide open WR who just flat out doesnt make the catch......now this doesnt have anything to with agression ......

in one game, twice in a row i have Winslow on a post and nobody around him and the pass hits him in the hands and he just wont catch it.....i push B to control, and Y to catch.......sometimes i wonder if its the timing and pressue that is applied to the Y button when trying to manual catch
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #13
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Crazy as it may sound,I don't think the catch button really does much.I've grown accustomed to not using it.Does it affect it in a negative way?I don't know.

I raised the hold on to ball ratings to above 80 for receivers/tight ends and with the catching slider up and ratings for catch high,especially for Edwards and Winslow,it's hard to come up with a solution.

I've had an occasional game,maybe 1 out of 10,with alot of drops.Rain games can be a pain because of this and it seems like when your the away team there's a built-in A.I. that screws you over a little.

I appreciate when a person has a problem that they present it like you are,in a mature,respectful way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »