Home

Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay

This is a discussion on Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6
Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay

There is no secret anymore to the Aggression rating. I personally keep it between the ranges of 0 and 99 at 1/3 intervals. Meaning, depending on position, you will only have an aggression rating of 0, 33, 66 or 99. This set up has worked perfectly for me because it gives the most realistic gameplay. No longer will you see RBs busting for 80-90 yard runs 3 times in a game because the Safteys, LBs, and DL over pursuits because their TOO AGGRESSIVE. You also wont see CBs out of position on the ball or going for an interception and missing allowing for a reciever to break for a 80 yard TD run. Again; TOO AGGRESSIVE. My formula is simple.

CBs, K, P = 0
WRs, S, OL = 33
TE, LB, QB = 66
DL = 99

These settings allow for perfect gameplay and feel and minimize unrealistic big plays which yield inflatted end game stat lines. Its your choice on which sliders to use. The default All-Pro or Legend sliders work fine. I personally use the following:

All offensive categories for Human & CPU are notched at 10 while, Coverage, Tackling and Pursuit for Human and CPU are notched at 30, also Human fatigue and kicking is at 10 while CPU fatigue and kicking is at 30. Interceptions are at 0 and fumbling is at 10.

Try these out and let me know what you think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Aggression Ratings for most realistic gameplay

3 things:

-No reason to post this twice.

-Your fatigue is too high, players won't sub out.

-Why not upload a roster with these settings so people won't have to apply them?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

To answer your 3 questions:

-While I posted it as a reply, I figured it was necessary to post it as a main thread so every can see it and comment

-The rating for Fatigue for Humans and CPU doesnt matter, aslong as they are the same.

-And I'll post the roster and settings files with these adjustments this evening.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnique23
To answer your 3 questions:

-While I posted it as a reply, I figured it was necessary to post it as a main thread so every can see it and comment

-The rating for Fatigue for Humans and CPU doesnt matter, aslong as they are the same.

-And I'll post the roster and settings files with these adjustments this evening.
It absolutely does matter. With those fatigue settings, second team players are irrelevant because first teamers will never get tired.

Plus, you say it doesn't matter as long as they are the same, yet you have human fatigue at 10 while CPU's is at 30.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

420 is right.

10 might be pushing it, but the fatique at 30 is way too much.......... unless you're sub out is set at 95%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

You said RB's won't bust out 3x a game for big runs, but I don't see RB/FB's in your formula. I would assume FB's should be the same as TE's?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

The 'pursuit' slider will remedy your problem.I don't think it's the aggression 'too high'.Raise it some and the big plays will go down.

I don't see how anything but maxed-out offensive sliders for the computer would work.I still don't think computer passing is always as consistent as it should be.I had to refrain from rating qb's super-high just for sim purposes.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

I put the fatigue ratings at 10 for both Humans & CPU with a sub in/out at 75%/85%. This seems to parallel real football to me. Starters other than the QBs dont usually stay in for all 4 downs.

@ daflyboys - RB/FB have a aggression rating of 99. Sorry for this misprint. With this they blast through their run holes and fight for yards.

@ gr18 - In my honest opinion the pursuit slider is unrealisitc; even though I use it lol. It does cut down on big plays but its because you can have an interception thats a clear pick-6 and a the CB with a speed of 96 will get ran down by the QB with a speed of 73. However, I do use it to keep the Offense honest and numbers not too extreme.

Attatched are the roster file and settings. Try and see. Leave feedback. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_2K9Roster.zip (264.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Settings.zip (5.7 KB, 8 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »