Home

How does this 4 year old game hold up against Madden 09?

This is a discussion on How does this 4 year old game hold up against Madden 09? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

I have been really dying to play some NFL football. I recently just purchased this game for .99 (best thing I have bought at that price since a double cheese burger at Mcdonalds!) ....I have been having a blast with this game on my 360 and I am shocked how much fun I am still having with this game 4 years later.

I am really wanting to try this game with current rosters....but I was unsucessful TWICE now on getting a transfer cable from microsoft. I guess they are really cracking down now because they won't send one to me until I give them the serial number of the ELITE system (that i really don't have)...but i gave it a shot, and no luck. I even tried the "i haven't recieved it yet because i ordered it form ebay" trick ...so i guess I am stuck having to pay $40 for this cable (only to use it once) if i want to update the rosters...

But I am really wanting to play some NFL football now (i have just been playing ncaa 09 to this date)....I haven't played madden 09 yet. But I see that it is ALOT better this year based on the reviews i have read on these forums.

Since I can't get the transfer cable for free, I was wondering how this game holds up to Madden this year. Is it worth me going out and just buying the xport cable for $40 just to update the rosters? Or should i just go ahead and spend the extra $20 to get madden 09.

If only I can get the cable for free somehow, then I wouldn't even be posting this. There is something special about a football game that is 4 years old that still has me wanting to look at every single replay and watching every single halftime show and post game report all the way thru. This game truly has something that madden has never done for me.....it has personality....its hard to describe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How does this 4 year old game hold up against Madden 09?

Go to like a Best Buy and write down the serial number of an Elite then give that number to MS.

Or if you can't do that then just buy an Elite, call MS, give them the number and take the console back to the store to get your money back.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Or if you can't do that then just buy an Elite, call MS, give them the number and take the console back to the store to get your money back.
You sound like my brother-in-law... He needs to print 1000 flyers for his new business, so he buys a color copier from Futureshop, spends the week copying, then returns the copier and says he isn't happy with it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
That's like asking how Aretha Franklin holds up against Rihanna. One is soul, the other is muzak.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's like asking how Aretha Franklin holds up against Rihanna. One is soul, the other is muzak.
OMFG!

Great analogy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
OMFG!

Great analogy!
Hey, I have nothing against Rihanna. She looks fantastic and has all those cool superstar moves. But the actual music sucks.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow.... how appropo.... and Aretha Franklin analogy in a 2K5 thread!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!

More directly I would say (if you have the means), pop in Madden 09 (or look at close-up vids), then pop in 2K5 (or look up close-up vids) and admit that Madden sure is more detailed and prettier. But then, after about 5 minutes of gameplay, see how the "feel" is comparatively. I will admit that this Madden is certainly shaping up to be the best Madden to date, but 2K5 still emulates the real game more closely.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Madden (EA Sports) The "butherface" of Video games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »