Home

Games can be great without the NFL: A Blueprint to a new 2K Football game

This is a discussion on Games can be great without the NFL: A Blueprint to a new 2K Football game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #9
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Games can be great without the NFL: A Blueprint to a new 2K Football game

There would be absolutely ZERO grounds for EA or the NFL to sue 2k if they made a game completely customizable. As long as they make everything generic, there's no lawsuit possible.

If the users of the game decided to get together and morph it into an NFL game, then it's on THEIR hands, not 2k's. They would have to some how sue thousands of gamers. It would turn into a witch hunt like P2P file sharing and would backfire horribly.

2k sports should go ahead and green light something like this.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:35 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

if law school teaches anything, it's that there is always grounds for a lawsuit... you can bring a suit for virtually anything in this country. how far it goes through is another story entirely.

the goal of most corporate suits like the one being kicked around however is just to sap enough resources from the opposition to make them give up. which EA could certainly do to Take Two
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #11
Rookie

t216's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
There would be absolutely ZERO grounds for EA or the NFL to sue 2k if they made a game completely customizable. As long as they make everything generic, there's no lawsuit possible.
Good point. I think if 2k can come up with an innovative and creative approach for the football game we loved, I can see room for success. All-pro was a decent game, but there were restrictions.

Customization+fantasy+fictitious city=new football game.

Not exactly the formula I intended but somewhere along those lines is fine by me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

2K considered many options, including a full customization game, and came up with All-Pro Football.

They are not going to release another football game that is what we want and need (customizable). They may or may not do another version of All-Pro, and that is looking bleeker and bleeker.

I am with you guys...I'd love to have this fully customizable game. But it is not going to come from 2Ksports now or in the future. They just are not going to do it.

C
Old 09-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10

I feel if 2K doesn't want to capitalize on their proven football engine than they should sell it to someone that does want to play. Heck they can even mold their league out the box to mimic what the CFL does or even license that league with the option to customize. Then you can have the fantasy leagues I mention as an added option to play. Business is about believing in your product and standing by your employees hard work who help you create it. No company is ever successful if they are scared to take risks.

Another option to help them not be pursued by EA is to offer them the option to make baseball games and have them pay half of the exclusivity deal to help pick up extra income. As you can see that was the biggest waste of money in 2K's history.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebo2246
I feel if 2K doesn't want to capitalize on their proven football engine than they should sell it to someone that does want to play.
Business is about believing in your product and standing by your employees hard work who help you create it. No company is ever successful if they are scared to take risks
well said. words I completely agree w/... the kind of thing that almost makes me want start over; flush current career, get backed by investors, grab Finn & some other former Bills interns... take my Wake Forest diploma, & pursue the Take two football engine w/ them. hopefully they have people w/ passion still fighting for it over in-house.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 15

I too am looking forward to "Backbreaker". Even if it's more arcade than simulation, the Euphoria game engine will make it worth playing just to see all this realistic stuff that has never been seen before. I checked out a trailer from YouTube last night and was impressed. A few things that were cool were that players piled on one another to grab a loose fumble which was the first time that I have ever seen that in any football game (NFL or not). There was also a tackle where a player gets tripped up, falls forward and then a second defender drills him while he's in mid-air. I was like - ouch, that had to hurt. Another thing that was cool was you can hear the ball carrier breathing heavy as he's running around trying to avoid and get past defenders.

If there's one game that will make me purchase a next-gen system, Backbreaker will be the one.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »