Home

Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #113
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Not really.

That's my issue. So many people will say the game is so realistic, a great simulation of NFL football, etc. But it's not - it's not at all. If you have to impose rules to make the game more realistic, then obviously there's something wrong with the game. That's why I agree with the guy that it is overrated.

I do agree that it plays well if you hold back and basically don't allow yourself to just play. But I think a lot of people miss that when they go on about how amazing the game is.

An amazing game, to me, would be one where if I didn't play realistic football, I'd get my *** handed to me. A game where I actually had to play realistically to win. Instead, you have to play realistically to stand a chance to lose.
Well, when you find that, the fountain of youth, unicorns and rainbows with pots of gold under them.... give us a call.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well, when you find that, the fountain of youth, unicorns and rainbows with pots of gold under them.... give us a call.
Will do.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #115
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
In real life, most of the time a QB throws deep passes they either over throw them or they get broken up. Deep passes are hardly ever caught.

Oh and Madden is like a fine wine, it gets better with age...only it's taking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long for it to actually get better.

Especially after seeing things like this:

I see a lot more of this stuff everyday, EA needs to get it together quick.

I have seen the HB line up sideways a couple times in ESPN 2K5...But nothing like that has ever happened.
lol...well 2K never had a Rewind feature either

I've never seen it happen and have only heard about that stuff happening when using rewind occasionally. The video even stars with "my friend had a bad play so..." I just don't see anyone playing realstic football using rewind (unless it's to fix some glitch that happened, I suppose).

Madden is rough, but it's not near as bad as people want to make it. you can get a fairly solid experience if you play realistic football against another player (AI is still shaky for solo adventures, though improved somewhat).

I'd also agree with whomever said that 2K can be exploited just as much as Madden. It doesn't play "ultra-realistic" out of the box by any means. BUT...with adjustments and by playing a realsitic brand of football it comes closer than any football game ever has. If you do the same thing with Madden, it still won't play as solid. Why? AI is all over the place most times, animations aren't as realistic (causing extra exploits/glitches), no QB pocket, poor OL/DL and WR/DB interaction, etc. Is 2K5 as perfect as some try to make it out to be...no. It is, however, still the best playing NFL game to this point, overall IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 12

Well there's a lot more glitches posted on youtube of just Madden 09. EA needs to look better for bugs and glitches before releasing a game. The A.I needs work. A lot of the animations are horrible. 2K5 is not perfect, but 2K5 wasn't released this year, though it still plays better than Madden.

I would love to see Madden play as good or better than 2K5, I don't care about the presentation as much. The control, animation, and A.I kills it for me. But until it happens, I am happy with 2K5.

The whole catching speed burst problems need addressed as well.

I'm not saying Madden is a bad game, it just still needs plenty of work.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #117
Banned

OVR: 14

I second that - i am waiting for EA to make a football game that can make me forget about NFL 2K5. and Madden 2009 did not do it, its still the same limited game-play... almost like i am playing an arcade game. the audible system is terrible - HORRIBLE: i can only pick like 5. why dont they have user formation audibles like in NFL 2K? Can't do substitutions either like put an offensive lineman as a full back, in NFL 2K you can do that. football is a sport that consists of strategy, the only coaching strategy this game offers is depth chart and limited audibles. NFL 2K, you can go all out on strategy - create your own playbook, global substitutions, each formation has its own audibles, set up game plans for your team if you decide to simulate instead of play so your team can run more than pass without you even playing.

One thing I wish NFL 2K had was Create-A-Play what they had in NFL 2K1, but doesn't matter theres over thousands of plays.

EA is also robbing you people blind. you're paying 60 dollars for NFL Head Coach? guess what, ESPN NFL 2K5 can be just like NFL Head Coach... crazy isn't it?

Just go into Season, turn Weekly Preparation on. then go into Game Options, turn Coach Mode on and wa-la, NFL Head Coach haha. SAD!!!!! ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Action Camera... NFL 2K has this already! Turn the runner pivot mode on and when you play, the camera angle pivots and there is your action camera.

EA Sports is going to rob you guys blind, I am sorry to say.

ImaginationFreak, why much I rehash the same thing over and over?

EDIT: Madden is a game of Checkers, whereas NFL 2K is a game of Chess.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 11-17-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't know man. Madden just needs a whole new gameplay engine. That Ian guy said they rebuilt it from the ground up for next gen, but I think it still plays a lot like last gen. They still move like robots and like everything is predetermined. It just does not play realistically.

Another thing that gets on my nerves is when they intercept the ball and run holding the ball in there hand, instead of protecting the ball and covering it up.

Last edited by ImagiNationFreak; 11-17-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 14

More into the strategy with the global substition. A situation.. I can set up my Goal Line formations for a quarterback draw or anything when I am in the red zone. In NFL 2K, you can sub in players for different packages, like ok if I am doing a quarterback draw for that one yard, I will want to sub in all my strongest guys whether they be Offensive Lineman or even a DEFENSIVE lineman.

In the Super Bowl Panthers vs Patriots, the left tackle position was played by Richard Seymour most of the time - he has good strength yes, but his agility was able to go head-to-head with Julius Peppers so they kept running to that side. Peppers is strong but Seymour is stronger and just has enough speed to keep up with Peppers. It is all about strategy.

In Madden, I want to be able to put Ted Washington, defensive tackle with 99 strength up as my gaurd just for that one yard cause his strength is stronger than the Nose Tackle who probably has 93 strength. It's all about STRATEGY.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysctroj
There was a lot of things wrong with that game. Instead of reading every thread devolve into 2K5 was better at this I want to start of list of things that sucked with that game.

1) it was to arcade like with the rapid pressing of buttons.

2) Plays were not true to life and unoriginal

3) The players had no phyiscal weight to them - in madden It feels like someone hits your player.

4) THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: THE COMPUTER DID TOO MUCH FOR YOUR PLAYER. (esp. the squeeze through the line animation)

It wasnt that great of a game and All Pro really sucked.

With that said Madden is not perfect but its sickening to see every thread turn into a 2K5 love fest. Im ready for all of the flame attacks.
this guy is a goof...2k5 a game made 4 years ago is still better then madden and these madden fanboys have to be braindead to get have fun playing madden. example, kicking field goals in madden...there's no drama to it. with 2k if ur kickin a last second field goal ur heart is pumpin...there's just so many things that 2k5 is better then and once again the game was made 4 years ago.imagine what it would be like if 2k was able to keep developing the game.LONG LIVE 2K5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »