Home

Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #17
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysctroj
There was a lot of things wrong with that game. Instead of reading every thread devolve into 2K5 was better at this I want to start of list of things that sucked with that game.

1) it was to arcade like with the rapid pressing of buttons.

2) Plays were not true to life and unoriginal

3) The players had no phyiscal weight to them - in madden It feels like someone hits your player.

4) THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: THE COMPUTER DID TOO MUCH FOR YOUR PLAYER. (esp. the squeeze through the line animation)

It wasnt that great of a game and All Pro really sucked.

With that said Madden is not perfect but its sickening to see every thread turn into a 2K5 love fest. Im ready for all of the flame attacks.
What "flame attacks?" It is simply time that everyone here quits calling anyone who "likes the other game better" a freaking fanboy. I am going to go out on a pretty sturdy limb here and say that all anyone on these boards want is a great game and no one here really cares who makes it (outside of the devs who visit).

So are you simply stating that you are angry that people still like 2k5? IMO it has things that Madden is missing that I like. Do parts of it suck? Yes. Do parts of Madden suck? Yes again.

I have both. I have a three year old last gen game that I still use, and a month old game that comes out once in a while that i know will not be in my house in three years. I swear on my life that once a next-gen football game comes out that makes me put 2k5 on the shelf for good, I will do so.

I would like to see your "WHOLE" list though - not just the start. THAT will be the official worm-can opening. I can't wait.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #18
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

so a "Lets bash 2k5" thread that is created in a Madden forum no less... doesn't get locked

If i created "I'm sick of everyone who like Madden" it woulda been locked before i even finished submitting the post.

Its behavior like this which leads to members calling out MODS for being bias towards EA.
And by not locking this thread or at least moving it to the proper forum only fuels that fire.

I just don't get it..
Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #19
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
so a "Lets bash 2k5" thread that is created in a Madden forum no less... doesn't get locked

If i created "I'm sick of everyone who like Madden" it woulda been locked before i even finished submitting the post.

Its behavior like this which leads to members calling out MODS for being bias towards EA.
And by not locking this thread or at least moving it to the proper forum only fuels that fire.

I just don't get it..
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

I just don't get it..
That's spoken truth right there.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

I just don't get it..
I have to agree, since I can remember clearly a thread created by IAN FROM EA saying he thought too many threads were being closed because of the negative remarks about Madden (and that he was a big boy and could handle the criticism)....and guess what? THAT THREAD WAS CLOSED, TOO!!

It DOES seem a little biased!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #22
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I am always amazed at how some think that by pointing out the flaws in NFL2K5, it brings the game down in stature. You see, that's part of the legend of that game. It was NOT perfect, and it had quite a few problems. But that just adds to the lore of NFL2K5! Despite all of its warts, it is STILL regarded as the gold standard when it comes to football. Trying to diminish the game this way reminds me of the Stanford fans screaming "He was DOWN-He was DOWN!!" when talking about The Big Play. Of course he was down. And that only adds to the legend of that play.

NFL2K5 was and still is the game that all other football games will be measured. We're still waiting for EA/Madden to realize this.
Bubba4
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #23
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

I just don't get it..
Well I don't know about locking this, as I haven't been around much lately, so I will leave that to the other mods.

However I am going to blow a hole in your Mods being bias towards EA theory. I can't stand Madden. I am done. I liked it at first but TO ME the game is straight garbage. I traded it in tonight and got 2k5. It just doesn't play a very good game of football IMO. I could sit here and list the reasons why I hate it but its all been said before. So there, a mod who isn't bias towards EA and Madden.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #24
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

*Clears Throat*

This is the 1st Madden I have put time into since 06, guess what I've been playing since then. So I feel I can give an honest and unbiased opinion on it.

Besides the animation that shows the defender slinging the ball carrier around, ever seen a facemask being called where the defender actually grabs the face mask on Madden09? Or the ball carrier's head actually snag a little like someone actually grabbed the facemask?

I could string my moves together in 2K5 and 2K8. I couldn't do that until M09. And even then sometimes it feels unnatural.

For those that have 2K5, pop it in. Go look at the playbooks. See how similar the Bucs and Eagles playbooks are, but still different enough to know they're different? That's b/c both coaches use the WCO but each have their own WCO philosophy. M09's playbooks aren't bad, but 2K5 had better diversity in them.

Computer drafting sucked for the 1st round in 2K5. BUT, I never saw Tom Brady on the FA market on 2K5, BUT I never seen Strahan traded for Torry Holt on M09. Toss-up, both offseason's suck!

Never remember my franchise freezing, ever! The clipping patch worked after it was downloaded. My M09 froze 3 times once I DL'd the patch, after never freezing pre patch.

2K5 has a dedicated bunch to making the game still as current as can be.(Shout outs to Puja, Finn, Josh, Guru, Dolphin). I don't see anyone making current rosters for M05.

2K5 had formation subs, 2K8 had formation subs. M09 on the PS2 and XBOX have formation subs. The Next Generation of Madden, have never had such a thing.

I hear 2K as a group talk about gameplay. I hear EA developers talk about features.

As someone said before, the whole fact they we are talking about 2kFIVE vs maddenOH-NINE shows how bad/sad/pathetic/down grading/dissapointing, M09 on the next gen is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »