Home

Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 AM   #41
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumalu
It's over 2K5ers, please try and move on.
Why does anyone have to move on? There's still a strong fanbase for 2k5,as evident right here at OS.
The amount of mods those guys have done is nothing short of incredible,and it's also a testament to how good the ACTUAL gameplay was,and still remains to be.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #42
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

3-4 years later,and the mere fact that this game(2k5) is still talked about and loved is a sign of its power.Long live the king!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #43
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
3-4 years later,and the mere fact that this game(2k5) is still talked about and loved is a sign of its power.Long live the king!
lol...I wouldn't call it a sign of power as much as a sign that Madden dropped the ball on next gen. The fact is the game is much more well received now tha it was in 05. I agree that it was great, but if Madden had done better the last few years, fewer would cling to mostly nostalgia driven loyalty.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #44
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

This thread should prove to the OP why it's still talked about as the greatest football game. There's only 20+ examples already.

For me, NFL2K5 put me in the game. I truly like the games were happening. The player control was phenomenal. The presentation was out of this world. I used to watch games and people thought the game was real. I've never had anyone say that about any madden game to me yet, on any version, including any so-called next gen madden games.

EA truly brought the dark ages upon us with the buyout. Or the NFL did, whatever. I do really enjoy Madden 09 and Ian and crew are headed in the right direction, but when a 4-5 year old game is garnering constant comparisons and consistently being placed above every other football game by so many fans (it won the greatest sports game battle here on OS), then calling it overrated or not understanding its greatness puts you in the slim minority.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #45
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with the comments about competition, Madden would be so much better with a decent opponent and for that reason alone I wish 2K was still in the football market.

After getting many recommendations from various people I tried 2K5, but unfortunately I couldn't get into it. I realise Madden 09 has many problems (mostly the OL/DL and presentation) but it's far better for me than 2K5.

If the roles were reveresed and 2K won the exclusive rights at EA's expense I would be gutted as Madden plays better for me. I therefore fully understand the frustration for 2K fans who are faced with the same scenario.

I'm being incredibly idealistic here, but would it be possible for EA to maximise their exclusive NFL license by producing 2 different fully playable football games developed by different software houses?

Last edited by Old Mr T; 09-26-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #46
Rookie

kyser01's Arena

OVR: 2

Saying Madden is better than 2k5 is like saying the Pluto Nash is better than The Godfather, or The Burbs better than the Departed, or Who's Harry Crumb better than Taxi Driver, or Beverly Hills Cop 3 better than Casablanca, or Jason X is better than Raging Bull, or Superman 4 was better Animal House...just video game Blasphemy! Madden better than 2k5...Even Tom Cruise thinks you've lost all sense of reality.

Last edited by kyser01; 09-26-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #47
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyser01
Saying Madden is better than 2k5 is like saying the Pluto Nash is better than The Godfather, or The Burbs better than the Departed, or Who's Harry Crumb better than Taxi Driver, or Beverly Hills Cop 3 better Casablanca, or Jason X is better than raging Bull
So, you think 2K5 is better than Madden then?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #48
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

1. All Pro did enough competition wise to make Madden step their game up in a lot of departments. Because people even though it wasn't a true NFL alternative it did show possibilities that MAdden had not explored yet...

2. This isn't a Madden discussion and should be moved to the 2k forum... hence I moved it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »