Home

Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I do find it funny that he didn't come back to defend his points some more. Maybe really this is a 2k board in disguise? But we are discriminating enough as a Community to not have blinders on. Maybe he didn't get the fight or support he was hoping for....
Sorry I did not respond earlier, trial preparation is killing me right now.

I owned 2k3 - 2k5 and some of my friends really enjoyed 2k5 and still do. In fact there is somethings I liked about 2k5 such as some instances of the franchise logic and the anounces in the booth (Although I'm a huge fan of Collinsowrth this year).

That said everything that I think 2K5 had over madden was the bells and whistles. I personally did not like the on the field gameplay. As I stated in the original post the pressing of the turbo button made it feel a little to arcade like. In addition the squeeze through the line animation made running entirely too easy. Although I confess the mario running and sucktion tackling in Madden upset me as well.

THe point of the origination of this thread was I saw every thread in the Madden forum devolve into well 2k5 was way better in this and it just repetitive. When your searching for particular infromation and inevitably 4/5s of the threads go that way it becomes frustrating.

A lot of people hate the exclusivity agreement, but there are positive to it. Look at the quality of plays that have came out since the NFL has allowed unfettered access to game tapes for EA.

I thought this 2k5 pining was the loud minority but I realize I am in the minority so I will withdraw the complaints.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyser01
Saying Madden is better than 2k5 is like saying the Pluto Nash is better than The Godfather, or The Burbs better than the Departed, or Who's Harry Crumb better than Taxi Driver, or Beverly Hills Cop 3 better than Casablanca, or Jason X is better than Raging Bull, or Superman 4 was better Animal House...just video game Blasphemy! Madden better than 2k5...Even Tom Cruise thinks you've lost all sense of reality.
Jesus, get over it. There is not a game I can remember that is as overrated as 2k5 is. And the problem isn't that the game isn't good, because it is. The problem is that its fanbase just won't shut up with the exaggerations.

The fact of the matter is, 2k5 wasn't even better than Madden 2005 which is the best football game ever made. The only people comparing Madden 09 to 2k5 are you guys, because you guys just can't let it go.

And just so you know, I'll be the first to tell you Madden 09 is another EA disappointment. Their next-gen games are horrible, but their last-gen games can't be beat.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #51
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysctroj
Sorry I did not respond earlier, trial preparation is killing me right now.
Just curious...and off topic..
What were you arrested for?

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

A couple of reasons why people play NFL 2K5 still. (and some of us who play 2k4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqjb6ldmv3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wVzpQ_pAA&feature=related

Madden is full of glitches, the game controls are a stink and everything is sluggish - in 2k5 you can atleast put Game Speed FAST. The camera angle is terrible, atleast I can get a zoomed blimp view in NFL 2K5 and adjust my own customized camera angle. Madden 09 is 4 years ahead of 2K5 and still cannot get it right, so before you start whining about us whiners put the foot in your mouth, swallow it, and pull it out of your behind.

How dare you even say Madden 09 is a superior game, its all cartoonish and a piece of garbage pal. Just look at that, a rigged interception. The game is rigged, the stats like speed do not mean a thing. You can have 0 trucking power and BLAST through two linebackers like wet tissue paper.

SO SHUT UP MADDENITE

Edit: All-Pro 2K8 doesn't have any gameplay glitches and they haven't made a football game in 3 years. Can't blame it being Next Gen cause where is All Pro's gameplay glitches? Exactly.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 09-26-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Just curious...and off topic..
What were you arrested for?

M.K.
Knight165
Insurance defense attorney - worker's comp case where our client insured the wharehouse.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #54
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Just sold Madden, coming back to 2K5. Now if I can just get a damn transfer cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #55
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Madden 2004 was the best of the series. Madden 2005 had a lot of changes, some good, most bad. Never, ever would you see a cpu QB in NFL2K5 throw a pass with his back to the defense. This was one of the many mechanical problems with Madden 2005. The features that NFL2K5 brought to the table compared to what Madden 2005 offered was too comical to debate. For $19 NFL2K5 delivered an incredible football gaming experience, and put enormous pressure on EA Sports. They had made inroads into EA's market share and the game was on. We all know what has happened and how 2K was locked out.

Those who want us to forget about NFL2K5 would have their wish if just one thing would happen. And that would be for EA to match or exceed what VC did 4 years ago. Until that happens, EA/Madden will be forever hounded by the ghosts that is NFL2K5.

Bubba4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #56
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumalu
It's over 2K5ers, please try and move on.
We are moving on. To brand new '08, highly researched rosters from the likes of Puja, Funngun, gr18, etc... With player ratings that actually mean something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »