Home

NFL 2K5 IS better than Madden 09...get over it haters.

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 IS better than Madden 09...get over it haters. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
NFL 2K5 IS better than Madden 09...get over it haters.

I am tired of people trying to praise Madden 09 for things they should have had in their game 4 years ago. Madden is still behind the power curb with presentation, sideline animations, pregame animations, they still have super human defenders on All-Madden...What I mean is that instead of making a valid interception or play for the ball...the linebackers jump up to snatch LOB passes that in the NFL would go way over their head, down for a cheap pick...the defensive line just happens to know "your play" even if you audible....yes 2K5 had a few things to add on should they have been able to make 2K,7,8,9.....They would have added the shifting of the offensive line, improved the player movement....In 2Kfootball sometimes the players move a little robotic...rather than in a natural motion...especially receivers.....the defensive line would have had better audibles as well...other than that the game was pretty darn good and ahead of its time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NFL 2K5 IS better than Madden 09...get over it haters.

I have Madden 09 and it just doesnt give me that authentic feeling that 2k5 did. I'll give credit this year to Ian Cummings and the rest of the EA dev team for actually listening and making somewhat of a good effort to fix issues this year but they still have a long way to go to make me forget NFL2k5. If EA just steers away from those cheesy gimmicks they always put in the game and focus 100% on fixing the game and adding better presentation, they will be fine in about 2 years i predict. When i say gimmicks i mean pointless game modes or features they put in the game just basically to help sell and promote the game. Like "Madden IQ". Some may have liked it, but was it really that important this year to a game that needs a major gameplay overhaul? Was it needed when the game really has no presentation what so ever and really needs alot more of it to even come close to what 2k5 did? waste of time money and effort on EA's part if you ask me. They use these cheap gimmicks every year cause they are easy to make, cheap to make cause it doesnt take much time, and they can use it to help sell and promote the game. what will the new gimmick be next year?? Maybe they'll let us train the coach's into better coach's, or maybe we can "create a fan", or maybe they'll let us "create a celebration".......... please! just do whats right EA and make the game feel right and feel more authentic to an NFL experience.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Alright guys..... we need to stop this Madden 0X vs. NFL 2KX stuff, at least in this forum. Since we all come here to the 2K thread, we already know what we have and we don't need to justify anything. Let the Madden players argue their reality and post their pro/con videos. I think we should simply keep it "Pure 2K" around here. We already know the Madden debacle. Madden is Maddening. We all know that. Let's just keep classy in here by talking 2K and working to improve the game however we can and enhance our experience.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Create-A-Cheerleader will be the next feature or be able to create a female football player. Some nonsense.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

They always have some foolish gimmick that they are adding to the gameplay! NFL 2K5 has always offered authenticity. And I own 2K5 and Madden 09...BUT I bought Madden 09 to make a comparison in Franchise modes, gameplay, atmosphere etc...and 2K5....the elder spanks the young n
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

My opinion -

1) Despite being over four years old, dead and obsolete, 2K5 still surpasses Madden next-gen in nearly every aspect with the exception of the stadium designs. Madden's player models still look like im playing midget bowl. 2K5 surpasses Madden in graphics, player models, animations, presentation, commentary and most of all, it's a lot more fun to play. Madden always had a better franchise mode including a lot of stuff that I wanted to see in 2K5 but here's the difference people, there is no more NFL 2K so obviously, Madden should have a lot more stuff that 2K5 didnt have but at the same time, there's a lot of stuff in 2K5 that four years later, still isnt in Madden and that's just sad. There's flaws, bugs and glitches in both games, major and minor. Of course, most of them can be worked around in 2K5 and im sure that goes for Madden too depending on the player and if he/she knows they're doing.

The reason why 2K5 is still being played four years later instead of Madden is simple - it's still more FUN to play. When you have so many people (including myself) take their own personal time to update a four year old game so they can still play it instead of switching over to Madden every year, that should tell people that it's still worth playing more than spending $50 on Madden just to avoid doing all the updating. After all, if 2K5 wasnt worth playing, no one would be updating it like they do.

The main reason why 2K fans still bash Madden is also simple - it's because that four years later, 2K5 still surpasses Madden in a lot of areas including that it's still more FUN to play. Another main reason being presentation. Seriously, EA only purchased the ESPN license for 15 years so they could take it away from the other 2K sports games but the sad part is that over three and a half years later after that deal, the presentation is still average at best and im sorry but that's just sad and unacceptable.

Four years later, the same bugs and glitches that even Madden fans complain about year in and year out are still present and the reason why is simple - EA doesnt care whatsoever and never will until their total sales and market share decline. Think about it - if you're going to buy Madden evey year no matter what, what's the point of EA taking the development time to actually imrove the game? There's no reason for them to because they know the same people that have purchased Madden the last 20 years or whatever the hell it's been will be back for the next 20 years.

The reason why Madden fans bash 2K5 is also simple - it's because they know deep down that in so many areas, 2K5 surpasses Madden. After all, why bash a game that's been dead and obsolete for over four years if they think that Madden was/is so great and superior like they claim it to be? They wouldnt be bashing 2K5 to begin with, would they?

This is why I dont even bother with Madden fans whatsoever. I bashed Madden after the deal was announced but that was mainly because I was pissed off that there was no more competition which is needed to make the products better. Now, im just updating and playing 2K5 myself and act as if Madden doesnt exist.

The biggest reason why I will never ever buy and play Madden is simple too - I know that without competition, EA will just go through the motions every year and not even care about their product. 2K5 isnt perfect and neither is Madden but at least with Visual Concepts, they care about making their games better every year. And of course, they always had extra incentive considering the fact that they were the developers for Madden early on and then were dumped by EA in favor of Tirubon.

2) After seeing the trailers and demo's for the generic football game entitled "Backbreaker" which uses the Euphoria engine, I can honestly say that despite their being no NFL/NFLPA licenses, that game will be the most realistic game of football ever which in the end, will hopefully force EA to improve their game and even better, will hopefully be enough for the NFL to eliminate this exclusive crap and allow more NFL games every year so all football fans will have more than one choice every year.

3) Regarding the moderators favoring Madden, of course they do. After all, they're working for Operation Sports which gets paid to advertise Madden on their site so even if a moderator hates Madden, he or she will never say so because that would be bad for business. Hell, Operation Sports has a Madden Mania link. That pretty much sums it all up right there.

Enough said. Sorry for the long post.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Alright guys..... we need to stop this Madden 0X vs. NFL 2KX stuff, at least in this forum.
OK people, the post I quoted was post #3. We are obviously way past post #3 now. Obviously none of you paid any attention to post #3.

I am new to these forums, and I do not look at them to see WHINING about how 2K5 is better than Madden or CRYING about how the Madden fans won't admit that their product is crap.

I am here to get useful information, like puja's rosters, or ways to use Finn's Editor, or GR18's franchise file.

So please.......
CAN IT!!!

- Attn: Moderators -
Please close this useless thread, and the one below it ("I'm sick of all this whining for 2K5")
as they are pointless and provide no useful information, or provide a forum heading for "Madden 0? vs. NFL 2K5 Opinions".

Thank You,
A new annoyed forum member
Old 09-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Alright guys..... we need to stop this Madden 0X vs. NFL 2KX stuff, at least in this forum. Since we all come here to the 2K thread, we already know what we have and we don't need to justify anything. Let the Madden players argue their reality and post their pro/con videos. I think we should simply keep it "Pure 2K" around here. We already know the Madden debacle. Madden is Maddening. We all know that. Let's just keep classy in here by talking 2K and working to improve the game however we can and enhance our experience.
True words of wisdom. If you enjoy 2k football and aren't satisfied with Madden then play APF or update your 2k5 rosters. If you're happy with EA's offerings then by all means enjoy them. What does it matter what other people like? People have their own preferences and judging each other for having different tastes in football games is pretty foolish. As daflyboys has stated, we're all in this forum because we like 2k, so let's focus on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »