Home

AGGRESSIVENESS

This is a discussion on AGGRESSIVENESS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #9
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: AGGRESSIVENESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i am about to chuck this game in the lake because of my frustration with the way it plays......i attribute the poor gameplay to the attribute known as aggression

i am using GR18 roster and he has a 64/127 agression level......i think that this high of agression makes the game play in an unrealistic manor......i have adjusted sliders as much as possible and still can not get it to play right......

here are some things i deal with

DB Coverage
quite honestly, its horrible.....the DB's play so agreessivly that they make a play for the pass and miss the int leaving the WR to make the catch and run for the long TD.......or they make the circle animation and take themselves out of the play allowing the long TD........this is the single biggest issue i deal with in the game

DL/OL Interaction
2 problems here that i will preferace by saying that i struggle to get any type of pass rush........i move the blocking slider down and it allows me to get decent pressure on the QB, but the cpu cant run the ball (i have run ability maxed)......i turn the slider up a few ticks and the cpu can run the ball, but then i get no pressure even with blitzing LB's......i think the aggression here is so unbalanced that you either get a pass rush or a run game......either way it leaves a gaping hole in the gameplay thats very hard to deal with.......

which leads me to.....

CPU QB and WR play
the cpu QB feels like a madden robo QB to me.....snap, 1, 2, pass.....the DL/OL interaction is also made somewhat irrelivent by the QB agression.....the cpu QB throws the pass so quickly and into coverage with 2 or 3 guys around the WR......i rarely see a 5 or 7 step drop which makes the pass rush seem pointless......it feels like the cpu knows a LB is blitzing and boom, just trows it into double and triple coverage......

and the real frustrating part of this is when this happens, the CPU WR will make these catches with 2 or 3 guys on him.....if that doesnt happen then the above DB issues happen.......either way it makes the game feel like cheese

Misc issues
above are the major gripes i have......but some other things....why do my WR drop so many passes? I drop everything, is this because the CPU DB agression is to high and they play like they are on steriods (ok, bad example).......also, i got so fed up with my WR getting caught from behind on what should totally be a big play TD that i decided to turn pursuit all the way down for the CPU......it didnt matter.....88 speed safties would still catch a 94 WR with me mashing the turbo button......WTF?

why doesnt the CPU ever go on long time consuming drives? everything is a few plays and then a long play for the score.....this usually happens because of the above mentioned DB issues.......but i notice the time of possession will favor me where i have the ball 3/4 of the game to the CPU 1/4 of the game......

I have played this game time and time again with the default rosters and it plays great......my feeling is that the agression at 64/127 makes the players play way over the top and gives a very unrealistic and frustrating experience.

unfortunatly i dont have a transfer cable and cant make my own settings.....so im screwed for now until puju releases a file that makes me want to get a cable
To correct the db play turn the performance eq on. Only way to play IMO
Old 09-30-2008, 01:28 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i am about to chuck this game in the lake because of my frustration with the way it plays......i attribute the poor gameplay to the attribute known as aggression......
I use GR18's Roster, and Franchise file also, and have made my own custom sliders, but I don't get all these problems that you get. I don't ever notice the DB circle animation. I got 7 sacks with D. Ware in my last game, and the cpu QB's do all diffrent kinds of stuff. In fact, I rather enjoy the gameplay. Maybe it's in the sliders, or maybe we just have diffrent play styles.

Each to his own, or I mean 'To each, his own', or however that saying goes.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm still not clear on why exactly turning performance eq on is a good thing. I was under the impression that it caused artificial moments to keep the skill levels somewhat on par. So a team that's down might get faster or catch better breaks or something to be able to catch up, and the team that's in the lead would be the opposite.

Am I mistaken in my understanding of this feature? And either way, what is it exactly that causes turning EQ on to make db's play better and do all the stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

supposedly it does not do that, but rather merely brings all player ratings closer to 80 by a weighted fraction
Old 09-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I see... kinda.

And is that throughout the whole game, or only applies to certain teams during certain times, or what? And again, why is that better than not having it on and having the players rated the way they're supposed to be rated?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

i honestly dont know-- a few years ago that information started making its way around various forums including here & 2Kforums, having supposedly come directly from a TakeTwo/VC employee

it's kind of been accepted as gospel but i dont think anyone knows with certainty that this is the case
Old 09-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #15
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Doesnt turning on EQ prevent you from getting your little trophies for your trophy room?

I cant live without my little trophies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich83
I use GR18's Roster, and Franchise file also, and have made my own custom sliders, but I don't get all these problems that you get. I don't ever notice the DB circle animation. I got 7 sacks with D. Ware in my last game, and the cpu QB's do all diffrent kinds of stuff. In fact, I rather enjoy the gameplay. Maybe it's in the sliders, or maybe we just have diffrent play styles.

Each to his own, or I mean 'To each, his own', or however that saying goes.
would u mind posting your sliders ?

thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »