Home

What if i bought a domain name?

This is a discussion on What if i bought a domain name? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What if i bought a domain name?

Totally not to be a *****, but why would I want to suddenly start paying when I already have a working copy of the game, a transfer cable, and a working copy of Finn's. I could just learn how to edit my own rosters, which I am going to do anyway. I'm going to start with some historic teams here soon.

I'm not saying the AWESOME roster maker's here don't deserve money for their hard work, but I'm a broke-*** right now, and even if I wasn't I'd still never pay for something I could do myself.

On the other hand, if I do get good at editing and I think my work is good enough to share with the public. I'd be happy to post my work to the forums here/dolphin's site, totally not expecting any money in return.

Last edited by jrich83; 10-01-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Why are you going to start charging people for roster updates and such. People are doing this for the love of the game. Don't monopolize the market like EA has been doing. It's not right
Old 12-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

so i guess since we're pushing 3 mos later & this guy hasnt even been on OS, my orig hypothesis was correct.... a pipe dream

plenty of ppl have come in breathing fire, but not many have delivered. remember the guy who was going to crack & mod this game to allow for updated stadiums / uniforms / player headshots? that was like 2 years ago & not a sound since...
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #20
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

nfl2kcentral.com

--tag line: Your "Gotta Have" NFL 2K Site
Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #21
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
so i guess since we're pushing 3 mos later & this guy hasnt even been on OS, my orig hypothesis was correct.... a pipe dream

plenty of ppl have come in breathing fire, but not many have delivered. remember the guy who was going to crack & mod this game to allow for updated stadiums / uniforms / player headshots? that was like 2 years ago & not a sound since...
Not mentioning any names, but there are a bunch of people around here who claim they are going to "make" or "do" something spectacular with this game and have yet to deliver. It makes one want to tell those people to hold off on the announcement of a promised delivery until the idea/project is ready to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »