Home

Passing Questions

This is a discussion on Passing Questions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Passing Questions

Hey guys, I am a long time lover of 2K5 but new here and just added the 08-09 roster update and I am really into the game again! I have 2 questions regarding the passing game.

1. I find it very hard to throw the ball to my running backs in the flat. I probably only complete like 25% of these throws. The ball sails over their head or they drop it way too often; it is a pass that should be complete probably 90% of the time. What do I need to do?

2. On comeback routes, the receivers have an odd habit of jumping into the air to try and catch well-thrown balls. When they jump like this they never catch the ball. Anything I can do about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Passing Questions

1.) Make sure your QB's feet are set when he throws. As in, don't throw the ball when he's in his dropback. Don't bullet the pass, but don't lob it either.

2.) I could be wrong here, but if you wait a little longer after the receiver breaks, then throw the ball, the receiver should just catch it flat-footed.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

If anything, completing passes to the flats are too easy. I'm having problems running screen plays effectively. I get the ball to the RB in time, the pass is usually good and blocking is set up, but my RB 95% of the time takes a step towards the QB after he catches the ball and then tries to turn it upfield. Usually he gets tackled for a -4yd loss. Anybody else seeing this?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
If anything, completing passes to the flats are too easy. I'm having problems running screen plays effectively. I get the ball to the RB in time, the pass is usually good and blocking is set up, but my RB 95% of the time takes a step towards the QB after he catches the ball and then tries to turn it upfield. Usually he gets tackled for a -4yd loss. Anybody else seeing this?
yeah the only screen i can get to work is the TE screen
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:

yep, all the time....but i also cant complete flat passes to the RB either, so i guess its all balanced out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Not the step towards the QB, but even if I have two or three players ready to block, they always seem to let the DL by and I get tackled in the backfield. This with blocking maxed out. I find I have to complete more passes downfield to get positive yardage.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Screen passes don't work right in 2K5 due to slow reaction by the RB's. Stick to regular swing passes for RB's or just have them line up split wide. Also, make sure you have updated rosters b/c most of those feature RB's with a minimum catch rating of 55. The default game had almost no RB's that could catch a ball. Hope this info helped!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I find in throwing to RB in the flats , I wait for the QB to set back and give the rb to go out . then , I throw a pass holding down a while on "A" not forever but longer then normal. I will admit, the RB wont always catch it and dont throw when hes covered it might get intercepted. sometimes the RB doesnt catch this pass even when wide open . Dont keep going to this play over and over, if you mix it up, you will be successful .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »