Home

Preventing Bad Trades

This is a discussion on Preventing Bad Trades within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Preventing Bad Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
I can totally understand why bad trades bother some people, but its the one thing in 2k5 franchise that does not bother me at all. Can you say Randy Moss for a fourth round pick.

Saints traded 8 draft picks for ricky williams in 99'

Whenever i see a wacky trade in 2k5 i just compare it to the trades you see in real life when a player becomes a problem in the locker room and wants out. Usually the team that is letting the player go doesnt get much in return anyway.
Why don't you try comparing it again and this time look at how rarely it happens in the NFL and how often it happens in 2k5.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Has anyone tried changing player salaries to see if it reduces the rate at which players get traded? Maybe if there was a higher "penalty" for marquee players the CPU would be less likely to deal them or would be unable to deal them b/c of the salary cap ramifications. Don't know if there's any validity to this thought, but if I recall correctly when playing 2k5 years ago, it seemed the same players always got traded while others never went on the block, and thought maybe this had to do with salary. Don't really know, just throwing it out there.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Never noticed the same players - but I did notice that Brett Favre is always off the Packers the next season. Everything is different. Sometimes Raiders keep Charles Woodson, sometimes they don't. Only thing is the Green Bay Packers always getting rid of Favre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

I always noticed Favre as well. Jake Plummer would often find a new team within a couple seasons too. And quite often Strahan would at least be put on the block.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »