Home

Revisiting the black sleeves issue

This is a discussion on Revisiting the black sleeves issue within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Revisiting the black sleeves issue

I am recently back playing 2k5 so excuse me for my ignorance, I have seen the black sleeves issue and wondering if there has been any fix.

I was thinking in a franchise if you knew a cold weather game was coming up you could mass edit skill players to a more appropriate sleeve color i.e packers(green) and then mass edit linemen to no sleeves on both sides of the ball.

I guess that would only cut down the problem as some linemen would still wear black, these are just workaround ideas, anyone else have any thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Revisiting the black sleeves issue

You can make sure that players dont wear sleeves at all but in cold weather or rainy/snowy games, it's done by the CPU and we have no contro over it. And yes, I agree that it's crappy.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

As I am at work and can't check... Are there any players that don't wear sleeves in the cold?

If you could just list a few players that wear the black sleeves and few players that don't I will take a look. Also, in the in game player editor, can you set it so they where sleeves in the cold only as I don't recall...
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Also, in the in game player editor, can you set it so they where sleeves in the cold only as I don't recall...
no, you can only set "sleeves" on or off & choose what style (wht/blk/tm)
Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
no, you can only set "sleeves" on or off & choose what style (wht/blk/tm)
OK, I will play with both files agan to confirm, but I played with YOUR Test4.0 file in the snow awhile ago, and in the heavy rain, just lastnight, also in both situations in my franchise of GR18's file, and I remember seeing random types of sleeves, not just black.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

^yes i was just answering finn's question... i think you might be misunderstanding

Finn asked if their was an option from the game's editing window to set "sleeves on" but "for rain/snow/etc only." I was just saying the option is only on or off (that is, no "on but only for rain")

As dan said above, in bad weather there is no control in-game. So to clarify, jrich... even if you set it sleeves to off from the in-game equipment menu, the game will still randomly apply sleeves in bad weather (usually black buy not always). Hope that's clearer
Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^yes i was just answering finn's question... i think you might be misunderstanding

Finn asked if their was an option from the game's editing window to set "sleeves on" but "for rain/snow/etc only." I was just saying the option is only on or off (that is, no "on but only for rain")

As dan said above, in bad weather there is no control in-game. So to clarify, jrich... even if you set it sleeves to off from the in-game equipment menu, the game will still randomly apply sleeves in bad weather (usually black buy not always). Hope that's clearer
Correct, it not only applies them randomly in "bad" weather, but also in "cold" weather no rain or snow needed.

What I have been doing is paying attention to the guys on my franchise where the black sleeves show up and then adding a more appropriate sleeve color. I.E Devin Hester in cold, rain or snow wears the black sleeves, so if I know that type of game is coming up I give him white sleeves. Best option I could come up with.

I still think a mass edit of skill players to a more appropriate color, and a mass edit of linemen to no sleeves(i know some will still show up) is about the best thing to do.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

OOOHHHHHHH!! Now I get it. Is there anything you don't know about this game puja? Besides the "flip only run direction"? That was a good one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »