Home

ANOTHER transfer cable thread......HELP PLEASE??

This is a discussion on ANOTHER transfer cable thread......HELP PLEASE?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
ANOTHER transfer cable thread......HELP PLEASE??

I know there were a couple other threads (which appear dead now or just ignored) about using the MS transfer cable to move rosters from the computer to the hard drive for the 360.

I followed EVERY thread, every step to the letter, used BOTH transfer programs, and am still stuck.

yes, my computer sees the hard drive when I hook it up, but every time I try to drag and drop into Xport, I get the circle with the line through it (meaning I cannot drop the file when I need to)....and in Xplorer, when I try to open partition 3, it shows NO files there (and yes, I have a 2k5 save on my 360 drive), partition 2 is the only one that shows any files. And every file on Xplorer shows a BLACK box in front of the file name....almost appears like I am locked out.

I have TRIED manually moving files there, but while it SAYS they are copied there, I cannot see them nor access them when I put the HD back into the XBox. I even deleted EVERY 2k5 file from the HD, then resaved settings and VIP again thinking maybe if I started fresh it might help.

I have searched everywhere, every website known, and googled it...all to no avail.

Yes, I have Vista, but run the software programs as admin and run them in XP SP2 compatability mode. I have tried EVERY setting combination...but am stuck.

Having dumped Madden to come back to 2k5, this is driving me nuts. Can ANYONE help me please?? I am no computer guru, but I can do file manipulations, and understand the instructions completely....they just are not working for me!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ANOTHER transfer cable thread......HELP PLEASE??

Go read the sticky thread at the top of this forum screen. Read the whole thread. Look for someone that says they have Vista, and got it to work and PM them for help. And for the love of god please stop making millions of threads about questions that have already been answered!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

DO NOT MESS WITH IT!

I tried to transfer my rosters before and blew my hardrive. Don't add folders or do anything crazy just try and PM someone with Vista. You can delete the emulation software of your 30 and ruin any chance you have of playing 2k5, or any other BC games, at all!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

this may sound stupid but i got rid of vista on my pc because nothing,not just rosters for 2k5, but anything i tried to do never worked.go back to XP bro..
Old 10-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Has anyone here had any luck connecting the 360 HD directly to the computer via a sata cable? Would THINK it would be pretty straightforward (and yeah, I know it would void the warranty on the HD). Just wondering if I'd get results this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

i never got either windows os (vista or xp) to see my harddrive with the transfer cable. i gave up eventually.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

i went back to xp too.....vista is nothing but a pain in the *** for everything

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »