Home

2k5 error

This is a discussion on 2k5 error within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2k5 error

hey, all

I recently purchased NFL 2k5 for PS2. I looked through the archive here, but I wasn't able to find a thread addressing my specific problem.

I used to get the disc read error message, so I looked around for how to solve it. I cleaned the lens with some alcohol like poeple told me and I moved the little white wheel a few times. So now the game loads up every time and no more disc read error. But, when the start screen comes up (with T.O.), nothing happens after that point. The ps2 gets really loud and nothing loads up.

Does the game just take a really long time to load or do I have a problem here? And is it a ps2 problem or a disc problem? The game was 50 cents at gamestop so I've got no problem getting another one if thats the case.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2k5 error

its probably the game or the 2k5 game save files on your hard drive are corrupted. I used to get that same disc read error for my xbox version when i first started playing it on the 360. I finally figured out that the problem was because i did not make the game compatable with the 360 through xbox live, i did it by downloading the compatable database onto a disc on my computer through the xbox website then loaded it to my hard drive so the game would be backwards compatable. it got to the point that i couldnt even get through a game without the disc read error coming up. Finally i got xbox live connected and updated the game that way and i have not had a problem since i updated it through xbox live. I think it has to do with corrupt files. you need to erase all your 2k5 files in your hard drive and start the game over from scratch and see if that works.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchmanthesundevil
hey, all

I recently purchased NFL 2k5 for PS2. I looked through the archive here, but I wasn't able to find a thread addressing my specific problem.

I used to get the disc read error message, so I looked around for how to solve it. I cleaned the lens with some alcohol like poeple told me and I moved the little white wheel a few times. So now the game loads up every time and no more disc read error. But, when the start screen comes up (with T.O.), nothing happens after that point. The ps2 gets really loud and nothing loads up.

Does the game just take a really long time to load or do I have a problem here? And is it a ps2 problem or a disc problem? The game was 50 cents at gamestop so I've got no problem getting another one if thats the case.

thanks
I assume that your PS2 is the older model with the disc tray needing to be ejected. If so, the disc read error (DRE) fix using alcohol isnt a permanent solution. It will take time but will most likely happen again. Take it from someone who knows.

As for 2K5, it's probably the disc itself. Test your other games and if they work without any problems, then its definitely 2K5. Get another disc if possible and look at it before you buy it. Excluding my two Sega CD games, I have never ever purchased a used game that comes in CD/DVD format because any scratch can cause the game to freeze if the lens cant read it. I would much rather spend the extra money to get the game new and not have any problems as opposed to a scratched up disc.

Check ebay for 2K5. It's like a few dollars new and factory sealed. Cant beat that.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Is the disc scratched real bad? If it is you should just replace the game or take it to a local Hollywood Video and they can resurface them for $4 each. All the scratch removing devices such as Disc Doctor...suck. I have the Disc Doctor and one that looks like a portable cd player that you plug in, and they both do nothing. It's cheaper to just replace it or take it to Hollywood Video.

If the disc isn't scratched then that leaves 1 option...get a new PS2. My brother-in-law got his PS2 knocked on the ground by his dog and it started making loud buzzing sounds, and soon enough, nothing played. He had to replace his...so you may need to do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »