Home

Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Woah

I simmed a Season with Puja's updated rosters and i was the Redskins. And heres some stats

NFC East
Giants 10-6 First Round Bye
Redskins 10-6 Wild Card
Eagles 10-6 Wild Card
Cowboys 10-6 (Nothing haha)

There should have been a tie breaker, but oh well.

I blew out the Lions in the wild card 43-6 I believe it was.
Than I beat the Giants for the title.
Than the Bucs to make it to the superbowl against the 13-3 Titans who came in 2nd behind the 13-3 Colts.

I lost 23-20.

Pretty weird seeing my team get so far then lose to my homestate's team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Woah

That is ironic, but isn't it crazy how all the NFC east teams finished with the same record.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

The NFC East just has 4 very well run franchises. Any one of those teams is a few lucky breaks away from winning the Division and a few key injuries from losing it. Plus, that DIV makes its living on having some of the best D's in the NFL.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #4
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

But I guess this means Puja does a great job on rosters when it sims like real life?
Old 10-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
The NFC East just has 4 very well run franchises.
Washington a well run franchise?
Yeah they make money, but that franchise gives franchise money to smurf WRs, trades for past their prime players, signs past their prime players, etc...

I'd hardly call Washington a well run franchise.

The other three - absolutely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 04:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

^i get what you're saying about the Snyder era being wasteful regarding player salaries, but that ends on sports management side. From his bio:
Quote:
[Snyder] focused on increasing revenues by adding more suites and club level seats, enlarging capacity to a league-high 84,000+, and selling previously vacant club seats from the Cooke era. Traffic & parking surrounding the stadium has improved & there are now two escalators to the upper levels of the stadium while ticket & parking prices have increased. The model set by Snyder is currently being imitated by other pro franchises.
aside from being tremendously valuable/profitable the Skins haven't been terrible on the field either. albeit no division titles in this millennium, but managed to make the playoffs in the midst of a huge on & off the field disaster last season... had the perfect coach to handle that situation too, who wouldn't have been there without Snyder & certainly hadn't come back for the money

i imagine fans would like to see more stability from their owner rather than hiring/firing ppl like it was a bodily function but they seem on the right track now w/ a good young QB & a former QB coaching
Old 10-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Puja, I'm happy with your rosters. Most teams are doing what they did in real life. The Titans went 8-0 then lost. I went 5-2. The Eagles started off good, then struggled. Same with the Cowboys. The Giants started off horrible though, but are now 8-6 like the Cowboys and may get a wildcard. The Bucs came out and did good. The Panthers looked strong. The Saints were on a role then lost Brees and have maybe one win since he's been out.

Overall your rosters have produced 95% accuracy in my franchise I actually play.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

can you provide me a link to the exact rosters you downloaded? i've just got everything i needed to put the files on my 360, but still having trouble determining which one to download.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »