Home

Question about the Rosters/Franchise for 2008

This is a discussion on Question about the Rosters/Franchise for 2008 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question about the Rosters/Franchise for 2008

Excuse me for the ignorance, but I've tried doing countless investigating on all this, on how it work, etc.

But regarding the franchise and rosters for 2008. I been using JSOU's roster. At first, I used the Franchise, but I have to control the whole team, and it's really a big hassle trying to budget every team because I cannot enter the season without budgeting, cutting and adding players, etc.

So i'm using JSOU's roster. Great 1st season. But seems like it goes downhill from there. Every team has 2 great backs for instance, Adrian peterson and LT on 1 team for example, and then you got great rookies, 1st round picks, already on different teams, then you got big name players like Dwight Freeney, Justin Smith, Luis Castillo, Mario Williams for example, on the same team. Let's not forget to mention QBs like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning also on the same team. Well, I got the explanation for that by Puja.

What I would like to know is, is JSOU the only file that does this, or does everybody else's file do this? Like GR18's? I'm really confused and vulnerable right now. I want to play a current franchise so bad. The guys responsible for making these, please don't take this as an insult. I appreciate everything you're doing, but I just would like some insight to this all. A short one if anything. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Question about the Rosters/Franchise for 2008

Although I don't know if it's a salary cap deal or what, I can confirm it does happen in other leagues. The cpu will release players you'd think they would keep and pick up others you'd think they would avoid. Maybe it has something to do with the number of players with expiring contracts? I don't know. Perhaps Puja's roster (which has the correct contracts, I think) won't do this.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

the guys do this on purpose so that the players can control every team......if u dont want to control every team you must DL finns editor and change the franchise so you only control your team
Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Although I don't know if it's a salary cap deal or what, I can confirm it does happen in other leagues. The cpu will release players you'd think they would keep and pick up others you'd think they would avoid. Maybe it has something to do with the number of players with expiring contracts? I don't know. Perhaps Puja's roster (which has the correct contracts, I think) won't do this.
I think Puja admitted that his roster is only meant for 1 year, anything after that, anything goes I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Although I do know for sure JSOU's files does this.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
the guys do this on purpose so that the players can control every team......if u dont want to control every team you must DL finns editor and change the franchise so you only control your team
Pardon me, but why do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

My roster is created for each new year only, to be honest I have never played more than one season using my roster. We have 8 guys that play one season each year. We only play a game a week like real life. It is hard to wait, but we all try to get together as much as possible when league games are played. I do know this though, when you start my franchise you have control of all 32 teams, go through each team and offer the marquee guys long term deals. I think by pressing the L trigger it offers a contract that is fair for both player and team. This may be time consuming but it is a thought. Then you can switch each team to cpu. That is until the draft. Comp is not that bright no matter what roster you use.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
I think Puja admitted that his roster is only meant for 1 year, anything after that, anything goes I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Although I do know for sure JSOU's files does this.
incorrect

my roster isnt done yet, so he wouldnt be able to take it into franchise to begin with. however, the odd free agency decisions are completely unrelated to the roster-- hard-coded into the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »