Home

Came back to 2k5 but have ?s

This is a discussion on Came back to 2k5 but have ?s within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Came back to 2k5 but have ?s

Don't know why I still buy Madden. The license I guess.
So...no suprise to anyone here... Madden 09 is still freezing on me. Suprise suprise . And I've had more than enough of its unrealistic gameplay. So... I smarted up and I decided to get an XBOX and 2K5. I d/led the updated rosters and everything was cool except for 2 issues.

First off, is it somehow illegal to use either the finn editor or just any downloaded roster? I know you have a lawyer guy on here somewhere. So, maybe he can answer this for a noob like me

Also, I'm having issues with being able to run with quaterbacks with ridiculous ease. I mean, I was playing with Romo one game with 5 min quarters and I ran him 170 yards...mostly up the middle. Is there any way to fix this? I even turned the settings all the way up and its helps but running is still too easy with a qb. Heck I had Brad Johnson run 60+ yards one game. BRAD JOHNSON!

So, please help me if you could. I so badly want to play a football game and I keep running into walls it seems.

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Came back to 2k5 but have ?s

Play the game how its meant to be played and don't run with your QB the whole game. Almost every game I have played it is extremely easy to run with the QB but all you have to do is not do it. They have been updating rosters for 4+ years now so what do you think.

Last edited by Steelersfan85; 10-28-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

In terms of legality, as long as people are not making a profit off the rosters, it's fine.

In terms of running QB's, there might be a certain roster with settings that fixes this, and the other thing to fix it, simply don't do it, or don't do it too often. It would be one thing if the CPU was doing it, but it's one of those cases where you just have to limit yourself.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Wow! I appreciate the instant feedback! Love this place already. Thank you for the info on the legality TheUglyOrgan. But yeah I understand the idea of limiting running the QB or having some form of house rules, but I was just curious as to what could be done outside of just not running. Otherwise, it kinda takes away from the realism which is why I came back to 2K in the 1st place.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Try running without the turbo, you will still be able to use quarterbacks how theyre meant to be used like Michael Vick etc and its a lot harder without the turbo and Pursuit slider modified
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Try running without the turbo, you will still be able to use quarterbacks how theyre meant to be used like Michael Vick etc and its a lot harder without the turbo and Pursuit slider modified
I like that. So like you don't use the QB run button basically until after the line of scrimmage or something? How do you modify the pursuit slider?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
Banned

Raise the pursuit slider. You can still run with your quarterback just do not press any of the buttons when holding down the Run button (R1). Trust me, you wont be able to run mad yards with the slow quarterbacks. Pursuit Slider is in the difficulty section, raise it to your liking. You can still run with Michael Vick at the right times, sometimes you'll get smacked up. Then again, my rosters are rigged up giving the lineman less consistency and more strength so this takes better effect. With my rosters, Michael Vick will be lucky to get 30 yards against the Patriots. Try it though, it might work.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
Banned

Here, try these out - Put Michael Vick on the Panthers with the default rosters. Try running with Michael Vick and Jake Delhomme without use of the turbo.

Make these edits to the lineman and raise the pursuit slider in difficulty to MAX or anything realistic to you. If it does not work, I will have to post the defensive lineman and linebacker ratings too which were also modified.

Center: Jeff Mitchell
STR 91
RBK 87
PBK 90
STM 65
SPD 55
AGL 52
CON 22
AGG 88

Guards: Doug Brzezinski
STR 91
RBK 66
PBK 66
SPD 45
AGL 42
STM 69
CON 22
AGG 85

Tutan Reyes
STR 90
RBK 61
PBK 65
SPD 47
AGL 46
STM 60
CON 19
AGG 83

Tackles: Jordan Gross
STR 90
PBK 91
RBK 93
AGG 88
SPD 62
STM 82
AGL 64
CON 26
AGG 88

Travelle Wharton
STR 87
PBK 84
RBK 81
STR 87
SPD 58
AGL 62
STM 75
CON 5
AGG 78

Try running to the outside with Jake Delhomme and watch what happens... then try running to the outside with Michael Vick (WITHOUT HITTING THE TURBO BUTTON X) That is the only House Rule for my rosters, do not press the X button while scrambling with a QB only.

Jake Delhomme's SPD is 64, AGL is 64 also modified on my roster set. Good luck.

EDIT: Also, mess around with the Fumble slider - this will make you think twice even scrambling with your quarterback since Ball Security rating is highest a 30 for a quarterback so they will fumble more often than a running back who has 69 or 79 secure ball. Fatigue aswell, but my game is rigged - Jake Delhomme has like 80 Stamina so the Fatigue was adjusted so it would go down accordingly, a much more realistic flow. Raise all the penalty sliders up, put Chop Block to the ON position - just so you're not confined to corny house rules like Madden.. this one flaw right here can keep the realism with running with a quarterback. Why sit in the pocket with 90 speed? Doesn't make sense. When you're using Josh McCown, use him how he is supposed to do - run to the outside with a roll out and find Anquan Boldin on a slant route.. elude a pass rush with that speed and throw off the wrong foot a lob to Larry Fitzgerald... jump ball.

this is football being expressed, utilize it (Apexisfree)

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 10-28-2008 at 11:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »