Home

NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition (coming soon)

Browns are completed. 78 Offense, 84 Defense, 84 Overall. When you start Garcia, Courtney Brown, and Roberth Griffith who are back-ups, they are a lot better, I think 81 Offense, 89 Defense, and a 87 overall. These are the Browns. I just got done playing the Eagles and beat them, but I tell you man if you use the Browns they might be sick in the game, but those sliders (Butch Davis) are going to kill you. I looked at his coaching history to make accurate sliders and my God, the offense is terrible and the defense just reaches average. I was playing the Eagles and set the computer for Andy Reid's slider adjustment and they were just decimating me but I won the game - no cheese, I won. It is a lot harder to play though, but I had to bench Garcia, he threw 3 interceptions (they disguise coverage good) and Kelly Holcomb went to work, back-to-back passes to Winslow and Bryant. Final Score 24-17.. and I was down 14-0 in 3 quarters! Extremely hard game especially since the Eagles have 98 defense and with the sliders its extremely hard. I got lucky I guess. Yeah - so if you decide using the Browns with the 04-05 roster set, your best luck is to hire a new coach at the end of the year or if you happen to make the playoffs his sliders will progress but other than that, a new coach would be better fit.

Just an update, tah-tah and good night!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 15

I must admit that you're making all this sound damn good but at the same time, I'll believe it when I see it.

And I just want to comment on your ratings -

For my 2k5 roster file, I have the Eagles rated 92 on offense and 98 on defense, Patriots are rated 98 on offense and 95 on defense with the Raiders rated 80 on offense and 65 for defense.

I dont know how you're coming up with the offensive and defensive ratings but im going by total offense and scoring offense rankings for offense and total defense and scoring defense rankings for defense. I'm going by conference as opposed to overall because otherwise, the majority of teams would be rated way too low. For example, the lowest rating is 60 (which if you look at the green bars in 2K5, you'll notice that 60 is where it starts) with the highest rating being 98. I also add a slot increase based on how many games the starters missed.

For example, the Raiders were rated 77 for total offense and 72 for scoring offense. Both ratings get rounded out to where they can meet which in this case would be 75. Offensive starters missed a total of 25 games. For every 11, the offensive rating gets increased a slot. So, it's past 22 games which means the offense gets two slot increases which makes the Raiders offense 80.

Basically, what im doing is making sure that the team's offensive and defensive ratings are accurate but then adding increases depending on how many games the starters missed for that season.

How are you coming up with the team ratings? Do you have a certain formula or are you just going by the game itself?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #67
Banned

I am making them accurate too, but I am not negating players ratings for their performance. Raiders offense is only an 88 because their back-up is Rich Gannon whom I gave an 89 overall. Just cause he missed the entire season, he wont drop to something lower. His performance before the injury was consistent with an 89 overall.

Basically, I am going by performance but at the same time not going to overdue it like when I say overdue it, I see someone on the Texans like Gary Walker (i think thats his name), the defensive end he gets a lot of sacks in his career I see, so I'll throw an 87 overall on him, but he would be mad inconsistent - only way to build his consistency is if you play the game and get him to put up his old stats.

The Falcons for instance, I gave Michael Vick an 84 overall for performance but Warrick Dunn is a 92 rating, TJ Duckette is an 86 overall and their FB Justin Griffith is an 89 overall. so they are strong at rushing the ball. Peerless Price I believe I gave him an 85 and Alge Crumpler a 93.. so I am doing performance.

Some teams were actually good, so they get negated for their ratings because the team had a bad record. The Browns have a dangerous defense in the 2004-2005 but their coach is terrible so it is harder for them to win games.

Some people have 100 rating, those who I think are the top overall best in the league: Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, Terrell Owens (cover athlete), Leonard Davis - and those who have 100 in their ratings: Jerry Rice (100 consistency, 100 composure, 99 run route - overall 85), Jerom Bettis (100 break tackle), Sebastian Janikowski (100 kick power), Morten Andersen and Gary Anderson the kickers (100 composure), and Free Agent Bill Romanowski (100 aggression).

Eddie George has an 85 overall in the game, but is backing up Julius Jones who is an 82. Eddie George has a 97 break tackle rating and did not want to drop him down to an 80, I wanted to keep him even with Stephen Davis and Ricky Williams who also share the 85 rating. It makes sense.

EDIT: Jared Lorenzen has 100 throw power, too.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 11-04-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #68
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm going to play devil's advocate. I held off for a while, but the thread is always at the top, so I keep reading it and... you get the idea.

Let me start by saying I think anything being done with 2k is worth an attempt. I even think you have some really good ideas. Your enthusiasm is stellar. I even think you'll get through the editing of teams until it's ready to go. My only question is the follow-through. I saw somewhere that you're going to pay people to help. That means relying on others with very little stake in your ideas, not to mention coming up with extra cash to pay them. Plus you're going to change jerseys for guys switching teams which will require a lot of changes in art for your website. You're going to have to supervise the whole project and keep tabs on (presumably) a bunch of franchises at once. You know the first time you get a hiccup in the web page (which I'm very interested in seeing), you're going to catch heat.

Anyway, I am pulling for you, but this reminds me of the beginning of the school year when our principal tells us (teachers) all the things he plans to implement and change (and he does go into detail) and then by midway through the first quarter we are back to the same thing we've always done.

Greatest of intentions, not so great follow-through.

That being said, I will formally apologize if I'm wrong and be right in line to participate if you're right. Good luck, my man.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #69
Banned

Yeah I have to pay for the PS3 only though, cause well - I do not own a conversion. This is going to be Xbox Exclusive when it starts until I somehow find a way to update.

It looks big, but a lot simpler than you think. I am dedicated to keep this up and running, I even have internet access on my cell phone, and my laptop has a good wi-fi connection so I can keep up with it on a daily basis.

As for the editing team's jersey - that is so simple. The background for each head and jersey is the same so it doesn't involve a lot of cutting. I can just take the head and transfer it onto another head with ease.

EDIT: Nobody is perfect. If there is a hiccup on the site or a mistake - just tell me and it will be corrected ASAP.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 15

Well, I can definitely guarantee that our rosters will be different which is a good thing as it adds more variety and options for those who want to use them.

I will say that every team's depth chart is based on overall rating so you wont see a backup rated higher than a starter which is one of my many pet peeves. A lot of players like Raiders QB Rich Gannon, Dolphins DT's Tim Bowens and Larry Chester among many others will be eliminated or set to "0" in free agents because they were injured that season, placed on IR and then retired after the season was over. A player like Eagles DE N.D. Kalu who was on IR for the entire 2004 season will still be on Philly and be the starting DE opposite Kearse because he was the starter in 2005 and if it wasnt for his injury in 2004, he would have been the starter. I also have every draft pick from 2004 on their respective team, actual team or in free agents.

Looking forward to checking out your roster.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #71
Banned

I am doing that pretty much the same - I eliminated the people who retired before the start of the 2004-2005 season (except Ricky Williams who will still be on the Dolphins as a bench player since they still held his rights that year) - players that are not in the game Darren Woodson (changed him into Terrance Copper) and Rod Woodson (changed him into Free Agent James Stewart), both who retired due to injury before the start of the season.

Rich Gannon started a few games in Week 4 so he is on the roster and retired the next year actually in 2005 - he planned on coming back but the doctors advised against it (thats why you see a video of him in Madden 06 cause he was supposed to be back) so he announced his retirement and Collins took over.

You have to remember my rosters are being made for this deluxe edition so a lot of players rated higher than others who are benched will have lower morale and such.

For instance, Rodney Peete is rated a 69 and Chris Weinke is rated a 74. However, according to the depth chart of that year Rodney Peete was the 2nd-string behind Jake Delhomme. Chris Weinke had the highest pre-season rating so he deserves the higher rating BUT Weinke lacks accuracy, read coverage and his composure isn't as high as the veteran Peete's. He does have a 94 cannon arm strength and much more consistent but Peete got him despite the ratings. Now we go to the Falcons, Michael Vick is rated higher than Matt Schaub, even though Matt Schaub is better than Michael Vick, but that was Schaub's rookie season so he didn't do much... but there is a hint that Schaub is the better player. He has better accuracy, read coverage, and composure than Vick but lacks consistency and his arm strength is pretty strong.

Eddie George rated higher than Julius Jones, but lacks consistency. He still has his break tackling ability, he has great ball security, but he lacks being consistent on the field and thats why Bill Parcells has the 82 rated Julius Jones starting over the 85 Eddie George. Eddie George is a starter in this league but not for the Cowboys.

I did a lot of revisions because of the competition I have against your roster. I re-did the Lions so they're weaker. 80 offense, 79 defense (82 before) and now they're 82 overall. Cowboys offense went from 85 to an 84. Texans offense went from 84 to an 83. I been jotting down players who needed dreadlocks, birthdates correct (Vince Wilfork needs to be changed to 1982, he is listed as 1972 in the game) and years pro adjusted - oh and those who wore high white or high black bands - and some position changes.

Also changing 3rd string running back Cedrick Cobbs on the Patriots into safety Guss Scott.. also going to remove safety Hanik Milligan from the Chargers and putting him into free agency and create Jacques Caesar over some no-name and place him on the Chargers. Hanik Milligan is released after the season I believe and the Chargers already have 2 safeties of their own, no need for a third.

I've been itching my head on a way to add a Practice Squad into this game. With the lack of players in Free Agency, it would be hard to do so Practice Squad will not be in the deluxe edition unless anyone has ideas how it can happen. I mean, even limiting it to 4 players per team will really throw off the free agency and leave not many free agent players. ya know

EDIT: There will be no Gus Scott in the game, because when I removed Cedric Cobbs the Patriots jumped to a 98 offense and had 100 overall.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 11-04-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Rich Gannon started a few games in Week 4 so he is on the roster and retired the next year actually in 2005 - he planned on coming back but the doctors advised against it (thats why you see a video of him in Madden 06 cause he was supposed to be back) so he announced his retirement and Collins took over
you actually aren't doing the same thing as dan... you misunderstood his explanation

dan removed players from his roster who were on IR for most of 2004 (like Gannon playing only 4 games) & THEN retired the next year... his counter-example was Kalu who returned from injury in 2005, resumed playing, & is still doing so today.... those players whose careers continued in 2005 are in his file

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »