Home

Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things.

This is a discussion on Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things.

Let me make this simple - do you only want to make substitutions or are you adding/removing plays and setting up audibles?

If all you want to do is make substitutions with the Raiders (or whatever team's playbook that you're using) playbook, you dont need to create or save a playbook at all. The subs can be saved in your franchise file and set for the entire season and would only have to be changed if an injury occurs to a player that you subbed in.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things.

Okay, bud. I just read i the other topic that you only want to do subs and thats it. Well, this is easy and you DO NOT need to create, save or load a playbook of any kind.

Here's what you do -

NOTE: If you have both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses, eliminate one. For the Raiders, I suggest eliminating the 3-4 because their default playbook is 4-3 based and only has the 3-4 formation which can still be used in-game without having the 3-4 depth chart. You can use Finn's editor to solve this problem. Next -

1) Start a franchise with the roster file that you want to play with.
2) If you're only controllng your team, that team should be the main team on the franchise main menu.
3) Make sure that your depth chart is setup the way you want it even though I go by overall rating because I have noticed that this causes less problems when doing subs because every player is in order so to speak.
4) Go to the manage playbooks option in the Gameplan menu.
5) Go to substitutions and make the changes that you want to make.
6) When finished, select "no, discard this playbook". Your subs will still stay in affect.
7) Back out to the main franchise menu and save your franchise.
8) Your subs will remain intact for the entire season and will only need to be edited if a player who was subbed in gets injured.

No need to save, create or load any playbook of any kind.

You shouldnt have any problems whatsoever since this is exactly what I have been doing since 2005.

I do have a few suggestions though -

1) Start your franchise over from week one and turn pre-season off so you can bypass all that crappy trades and any possible injuries. But be sure to turn it back on before saving your franchise for future seasons.

2) Do not do any subs in-game. This will screw up all your subs.

3) While your subs will remain intact for the entire season, be advised that "auto subs in/out" may do just that if those players stamina is low. I personally setup my auto subs at 5% in/out and on healthy status. If you want to have the same setup throughout the season, I suggest loading up the roster file and playing a quick game with the Raiders as both the home and away teams.

You can setup your auto subs in-game for both sides and then quit the game. Then, start a franchise without doing anything. Just go straight into franchise mode. The auto subs will stay intact for the entire duration of your franchise.

4) If a player gets injured in-game, dont edit the depth chart. This is why I go by rating so my next best player will play if an injury occurs to a starter. After the game is over, check to see how long the player will be out. You can use the depth chart in the gameplan menu to make the approiate changes.

Hope this helps and clarifies everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »