Home

Anybody Still Playing With Old Rosters?

This is a discussion on Anybody Still Playing With Old Rosters? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Anybody Still Playing With Old Rosters?

just wondering if there's any1 out there that uses the old rosters still
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Anybody Still Playing With Old Rosters?

I still use the old 2004-2005 rosters - and I am also making a league for the rosters (look at the NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition thread). It is VC's last update, fixed up - for ex: Jarrod Cooper is on the Raiders, Warren Sapp is back at defensive tackle, Troy Brown on the Patriots is back to wide reciever. I also used all of the Create-A-Player space to add the people who weren't in the game (Hollis Thomas, Vonta Leach, Brock Lesnar, etc) I also have bigger free agency with Akili Smith, Alex Van Pelt, Ray Lucas, James Stewart, Dana Stubblefield, John Randle, Wesley Walls, etc.

It is the last roster, but more detailed and how it should've looked.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I do, but I just redid the Bengals roster the other night. I had to make 35 guys and it took about 4 hours to do it. Much respect to Puja and everyone else doing the recent rosters.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
I still use the old 2004-2005 rosters - and I am also making a league for the rosters (look at the NFL 2K5 Deluxe Edition thread). It is VC's last update, fixed up - for ex: Jarrod Cooper is on the Raiders, Warren Sapp is back at defensive tackle, Troy Brown on the Patriots is back to wide reciever. I also used all of the Create-A-Player space to add the people who weren't in the game (Hollis Thomas, Vonta Leach, Brock Lesnar, etc) I also have bigger free agency with Akili Smith, Alex Van Pelt, Ray Lucas, James Stewart, Dana Stubblefield, John Randle, Wesley Walls, etc.

It is the last roster, but more detailed and how it should've looked.
We'll see about that bud.

I'm in the process of re-doing VC's final roster as well for the 2004 NFL season. The only difference is that im not adding players who were pretty much non-existent like Stubblefield etc. No point in wasting space on players that didnt play. But there will be more undrafted free agents available.

It will definitely be more accurate than VC's final roster update. Knowing that EA already had the license, I would have went all-out if I was VC. Oh well.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Banned

It's game then. Competition always makes things better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Banned

Yes, it does which is why Madden sucks every year and my nickname for it is Crapadden. LOL.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
Banned

Now we can give the gamers a choice on what roster to use, since we're both doing rosters from the same year - so if they want to use your roster for my league, then it'll be no problem. The fans have a decision, just like they should have between Madden and 2K
Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Now we can give the gamers a choice on what roster to use, since we're both doing rosters from the same year - so if they want to use your roster for my league, then it'll be no problem. The fans have a decision, just like they should have between Madden and 2K
Thats cool and fine by me but I have no timetable for when I'll be done. I'm still setting up and perfecting all my wordpad documents for all 32 teams. Once that's done, I will then be able to edit the actual roster.

And I agree with the competition part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »