Home

Old 10-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Depth Chart/Substitutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Huh? Don't save what? You say don't save, then exit Franchise and save. I'm totally lost. Can I not do it like this:

1) Enter Franchise
2) Go into the playbook area
3) Setup my subs
4) Save the playbook
5) Then I could load up that playbook before any game, Franchise and Quick Game.

Why wouldn't that work?
Are you only doing subs in the playbook or are you adding/removing plays, etc.?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Are you only doing subs in the playbook or are you adding/removing plays, etc.?

Only thing I want to do in my saved playbook is sub different players in that would not originally be on the field. I'm not adding, removing, or editing anything else at all. I just would like to be able to sub in players on packages/formations that would normally not be on the field. Like using a 2nd or possibly 3rd string player who never gets any playing time otherwise, or maybe in a formation I would use near the goal line on offense to run to the right I would make the correct adjustments to say maybe put my best run blockers to one side or the other.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

LOL my bad i was in a rush.. save your Franchise, do not save the Playbook. Then exit the Franchise, load the Franchise and your book will be the same as it was then you can sub during the game without it saving onto your Playbook. hope that makes sense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

dan & i just misunderstood in the other thread

since you said Raiders playbook we both assumed you were talking about making substitions to the actual default Raiders playbook from the main menu & then saving the roster (which would screw things up in the roster)

didnt realize you were talking about a custom playbook that you saved... you can make any substitutions to a custom playbook no problem. the thing you want to avoid is saving a roster after editing any of the 32 team playbooks manual subs...

reason being: down the line, if you cut/sign a player who is in a formation his replacement can be "frozen" into that substitution. for example, in the default roster when the game was new, Troy Vincent was a cornerback for the Bills. When they moved him to FS in real life i did a manual sub to get him at FS in all their defensive packages (this was before the editor). Later when he was cut by the Bills their next cornerback was ALWAYS stuck at FS in that particular roster & there was nothing i could do to sub him out & restore the normal depth charts. it was all f'd up

^this is why you never make manual subs in a roster & then save them (unless it's adjusting that issue where a few teams have the punter handling KOs in the default roster... since there is no issue having a team's kicker permanently set there)
Old 10-31-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
didnt realize you were talking about a custom playbook that you saved... you can make any substitutions to a custom playbook no problem.

Ok, cool, that's what i thought. I saw no reason why the playbook would screw up the franchise since it's a totally different file and all, but I wanted to make sure since I saw mention of subs screwing up the franchise. I just want to make sub changes in my playbook, that way if I decide to scrap my edits, start all over with them, or whatever else, then all I would have to do is re-do my playbook. Or after a season is over and all of the player changes occur after the draft, free agency, etc., all I need to do is setup my playbook again by just deleting my old one and do another.

So I can do whatever I want with my playbook without worries, that's what I needed clarification on. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped, and sorry for the confusion, I just didn't make myself clear to everyone to begin with. Now i'm ready to get my Franchise underway. A little late in the real season to just now be starting a Franchise, but I only found this Xbox copy of the game a few days ago. I'll be ready next year though to get started as soon as the great roster makers around here release their updated rosters.

I'd like to give a big shout out to puja, dan, Finn, jsou, and everyone else that keeps these roster/franchises/setttings coming to us and for taking the time to help. Once I get back fully reacquainted with the game again i'll be able to help others out as well as I did back in the day when I played it on my PS2 version. Shouldn't take long as things are starting to come back to me fairly quick. It's been 3 years or so since I played 2K5, man, I forgot how much I loved it. Only thing it needs is some updated graphics, lol, I thought it looked awful the other night when I first fired it up but it looks pretty good now after playing for a few days.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15

utorde-

Read my last post in your other topic bud.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
utorde-

Read my last post in your other topic bud.

I did, and there's some good stuff in there i'll have to keep in mind, appreciate all your help a lot. I want to go with the custom playbook for my substitutions though instead of actually saving the changes to the Franchise. That way in case I don't want to use my changes any more or decide to change things around or whatever other reason I may have then I can just delete the playbook and make a new one, and that way the Franchise itself will not be affected. Also, as I stated in my last post, each new season after the team changes due to draft, free agency, etc., I can just do a new playbook to matchup with my new team. I never did a lot of changes back when I played this game originally, don't plan on making that many now either, so I rather use the playbook method I believe.

I do have one more question involving settings though and might as well ask in here instead of wasting it on a new thread. This is probably a glitch in the game, but I don't remember if it did this on my PS2 version or not. I can enter the Options, not even change anything at all, just enter it, but when I exit out of Options is pops up saying changes have been made and do I want to Save. I always choose no since I know I didn't change anything, but why does it do this? If it matters, i'm using the settings file that jsou posted. I did make a few very small adjustments and saved it, but it still gives me that message even if I just enter and immediately exit without touching anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
I do have one more question involving settings though and might as well ask in here instead of wasting it on a new thread. This is probably a glitch in the game, but I don't remember if it did this on my PS2 version or not. I can enter the Options, not even change anything at all, just enter it, but when I exit out of Options is pops up saying changes have been made and do I want to Save. I always choose no since I know I didn't change anything, but why does it do this? If it matters, i'm using the settings file that jsou posted. I did make a few very small adjustments and saved it, but it still gives me that message even if I just enter and immediately exit without touching anything.
do you have stadium music saved on your HDD or plugged-in memory card? stadium music loads automatically & does so AFTER the game auto-loads settings. When stadium music auto-loads, it also switches the "use stadium music" option to on... so if JSOU's settings have stadium music set to "off," then merely booting up the game will cause a change to those settings without your input. ergo, navigating into the settings menu will initiate the save prompt

make sense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »