Home

Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things.

This is a discussion on Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things.

1) Is there just the 3 controller configurations? No custom setting?

2) Is there any way to make your updated roster load when you first load the game? It's always the Default original roster every time I start the game, I have to manually load the updated roster.

3) Same as #2 but with your custom playbook. I have to manually load it every time I load up the game.

4) I have Raiders set as my Favorite team, but yet when I go into the substitution screen it's on the 49ers with no way to change teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Been a few years, need help figuring out a few things.

1. No custom setting, at least I'm almost certain.

2. As far as I know, you have to manually load it each time. VIP and settings will automatically load, but I don't think the roster does.

3. I'm not sure, if I was home I could answer it.

4. See #3.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
1) Is there just the 3 controller configurations? No custom setting?

2) Is there any way to make your updated roster load when you first load the game? It's always the Default original roster every time I start the game, I have to manually load the updated roster.

3) Same as #2 but with your custom playbook. I have to manually load it every time I load up the game.

4) I have Raiders set as my Favorite team, but yet when I go into the substitution screen it's on the 49ers with no way to change teams.
1) There's no custom setting available. I play using the default setup. I dont care for the other two controller configurations.

2) No because it's programmed into the game disc. Only the settings load because I doubt that users have more than one "settings" setup where as they could have several rosters on the hard drive. I dont even think you can have a second settings save but I have never tried that either.

3) No. They have to be loaded in-game by the user and then must be selected on the matchup screen before starting the actual game.

4) I just tested this. I selected the Buccaneers as my favorite team (they're not by the way) and then went into the Colts substitution screen. The Buccaneers are still set as the background. You have to make sure that you're using the correct VIP, that's it's loaded (if you save your Crib progress) and set active. If not, you'll keep getting the 49ers because they're the default team.

NOTE: I advise against doing substitutions in the roster manager if you're going to be playing franchise. This can screw up a lot of stuff.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
1) There's no custom setting available. I play using the default setup. I dont care for the other two controller configurations.

2) No because it's programmed into the game disc. Only the settings load because I doubt that users have more than one "settings" setup where as they could have several rosters on the hard drive. I dont even think you can have a second settings save but I have never tried that either.

3) No. They have to be loaded in-game by the user and then must be selected on the matchup screen before starting the actual game.

4) I just tested this. I selected the Buccaneers as my favorite team (they're not by the way) and then went into the Colts substitution screen. The Buccaneers are still set as the background. You have to make sure that you're using the correct VIP, that's it's loaded (if you save your Crib progress) and set active. If not, you'll keep getting the 49ers because they're the default team.

NOTE: I advise against doing substitutions in the roster manager if you're going to be playing franchise. This can screw up a lot of stuff.

Hope this helps.

1) Ok, that's cool, i'll just once again have to get used to it. I had no problem using this configuration back when I played 2K5 on my PS2 all the time, but even though i'm now setup to play an "updated" 2K5 I am still going to be playing Madden and I was just wanting to try and configure 2K5 to be as close to Madden as possible.

2) This one is fine too as I will actually only be playing Franchise anyway, which it uses it's own roster, but it would be nice if it would load up the latest saved roster automatically for the instances when I just want to go into Practice mode or a Quick Game.

3) Now this one is kind of annoying, almost makes me want to just stick to one of the Default playbooks and not even have a custom one.

4) I don't know what i'm doing wrong there. I only have the one VIP saved, and it's always loaded. I'll fool around with it tonight to see if I can tell what I have missed. Once again, no big deal, it works fine in Franchise mode. I just wanted to fool around with it outside of franchise mode to get reacquainted with it and also to test out some things.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
can you clarify this? are you saying when you go into MANUAL substitution (formation subs not depth chart) it's always on SFO?

the only way i know to do formation subs in roster mode outside of a game (and this is not recommended as dan says) is to go to edit the raider playbook make the subs, & then back out WITHOUT saving (they will save anyway)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 AM   #6
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
can you clarify this? are you saying when you go into MANUAL substitution (formation subs not depth chart) it's always on SFO?

the only way i know to do formation subs in roster mode outside of a game (and this is not recommended as dan says) is to go to edit the raider playbook make the subs, & then back out WITHOUT saving (they will save anyway)

From the Main Menu, at the front-end of the game, not in franchise. From the main menu go to Features/Roster Manager/Manage Playbook (choose your playbook)/Manage Substitutions. When I go in there it always shows the Niners, and it's just that menu too, I can go into the other two menus (Manage Playbook & Manage Audibles) and it is the Raiders.

Now, what exactly are you two talking about? Are you saying that in Franchise mode if I do what I explained above it will screw up the Franchise? All that does is edits your saved Playbook, which you don't even have to use and is it's own separate file. So what exactly gets messed up by creating/editing/using a saved playbook? Or am I just misunderstanding what you all are talking about?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
From the Main Menu, at the front-end of the game, not in franchise. From the main menu go to Features/Roster Manager/Manage Playbook (choose your playbook)/Manage Substitutions. When I go in there it always shows the Niners, and it's just that menu too, I can go into the other two menus (Manage Playbook & Manage Audibles) and it is the Raiders.

Now, what exactly are you two talking about? Are you saying that in Franchise mode if I do what I explained above it will screw up the Franchise? All that does is edits your saved Playbook, which you don't even have to use and is it's own separate file. So what exactly gets messed up by creating/editing/using a saved playbook? Or am I just misunderstanding what you all are talking about?
It can and will screw up the substitutions that you did outside of franchise mode in franchise mode. I'm guessing that you loaded a roster, made substitutions and then saved the roster in order to save the subs. Is that correct? If so, that will definitely screw up everything in franchise.

For quick games, you should only do substitutions while in-game and before the opening kickoff.

I suggest deleting the roster that you're using for quick games and download it again. When you first start the game and you're asked to select a favorite team, select the Raiders but where it says VIP1, just remove the "1" and continue but dont save anything.

Load the roster that you want to use and then go into the playbooks and substitutions and see if its the Raiders or the 49ers. Let me know what happens.

NOTE: For franchise subs, its best to select all 32 teams and any subs that you want to make should be done on a team by team basis with that team on the main menu. In other words, if you want to do subs with the 49ers, make sure that they're the main team before doing any subs. You can use the L and R buttons to switch between teams on the main franchise menu. Then, after you finish subs, make sure that you select "no, discard this playbook". The subs will remain intact. No need to save anything except your franchise once you're done with all the subs you want to do.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I'm guessing that you loaded a roster, made substitutions and then saved the roster in order to save the subs. Is that correct? If so, that will definitely screw up everything in franchise.

No, I didn't do anything to the roster file. I'm using jsou's (sp?) roster/settings/franchise files. I did nothing at all to the roster, just changed a very few things to the settings file, and the only thing i did to the Franchise was to use Finn's editor and changed it so I only controlled the Raiders. The only thing i'm wanting to do is save my own playbook and setup the formation substitutions in it and save the playbook, then I can load that playbook before each of my games. I just want to make sure that does not mess up anything.

Seems like when all of us are talking about substitutions, I believe we're not talking about the same thing. I say this because you mentioned my roster. I did nothing to the roster I got from jsou (sp?), I just want to save a playbook and do the formation/package subs within it and then use that playbook during my games.

Sorry for all of the trouble, i'm not an idiot, I just don't think we have each been talking about the same thing. It's been 3 or 4 years since I played this game, I had it on my PS2. When I got my 360 I just never played it any more, but I finally found an Xbox version a few days ago and i'm now getting back into it and as I browsed around here I saw mention of subs screwing things up and it confused me a bit as I don't recall having a problem on my PS2 version when I saved a playbook and used the substitution feature within the book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »