Home

Depth Chart/Substitutions

This is a discussion on Depth Chart/Substitutions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Depth Chart/Substitutions

Nevermind, I found out how to do what I wanted, Sorry.

Last edited by ImagiNationFreak; 10-30-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Found the solution!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Depth Chart/Substitutions

Since you opened this thread, I will post my little success story.

Awhile back in another post, Dan777733 and I were trying to figure out how to put Jason Kyle in as the Long Snapper. In my roster conversion, I do not know how - but the Flying Finn editor has a depth chart function - I went into it and all of the Long Snappers were in on every team. TarHeels converts my roster and Jason Kyle as "Inside Linebacker" was able to be substituted into the Substitution screen. On the default roster, Jason Kyle is an Inside Linebacker but it is impossible to put him in as a long snapper (try it yourself). On Flying Finn's editor, I move him from VC's final update that had him as Outside LB back to the Inside LB and with a few moves, I had Jason Kyle in as the long snapper. You have to play around with it a bit, scrambling around players to different positions, but Kyle was in as long snapper.

Yeah people say what is the big deal about having a Long Snapper, i mean its just realism - Jason Kyle isn't even in the Madden series they usually have Kris Mangum or Geoff Hangartner as the LS. That is false.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
Banned

Can I save substitutions? I redid the entire roster for the Bengals. I fixed the depth charts to have Carson Palmer on the 1st team, Ryan Fitzpatrick on the 2nd team, and Jordan Palmer on the 3rd team. Every time I play a game it switches between C. Palmer and R. Fitzpatrick for the QB in the PRO Formation. I have to keep on subing in Palmer. Sometimes it even shows Fitzpatrick in the huddle when I watch a game, then Palmer is the QB...
Old 10-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Banned

Never encountered anything like that before. If it is in your Franchise and now on a Save file, that is going to stay like that - The substitutions in NFL 2K4 were so different I wish they kept it like that. For some reason, you make one Sub in a game - it saves through the entire season and into next season and so on. What you have to do is set up your playbook before a game in the Playbook Manager in Franchise, then pick that playbook in Options before the Game and there you go. Never do Subs during a game, very bad - unless it is your own playbook loaded. get what i am saying?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
Can I save substitutions? I redid the entire roster for the Bengals. I fixed the depth charts to have Carson Palmer on the 1st team, Ryan Fitzpatrick on the 2nd team, and Jordan Palmer on the 3rd team. Every time I play a game it switches between C. Palmer and R. Fitzpatrick for the QB in the PRO Formation. I have to keep on subing in Palmer. Sometimes it even shows Fitzpatrick in the huddle when I watch a game, then Palmer is the QB...
You should be able to save it- Make the correction and then back out of the sub screens using the B button. It will ask about saving- just keep backing out. When you get out, save your roster. It should save the substitution.

It's another little glitch in the game, but a good one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Never do Subs during a game, very bad - unless it is your own playbook loaded.

So it is ok to setup formation substitutions in your saved playbook and use it? I was told the following in one of my threads, I asked for clarification on what exactly they meant, but it's not been long enough to get a reply from either of them.

Quote:
I advise against doing substitutions in the roster manager if you're going to be playing franchise. This can screw up a lot of stuff.

So, which is it that screws things up? Is it just bad to manually make subs during the game? Is it ok to setup a playbook, assign subs in it, and use it in Franchise? Do they mean you can't even make the quick subs (forget what they're called) where you press B to swap WRs and press A (I think it's A) to swap your RBs?

Just need a little clarification on what exactly is the thing that messes things up in Franchise. Can I setup a playbook any way I want including substitutions and use it during Franchise without problems? Can I use the 2 buttons during playcall screen to swap the WRs and/or RBs? I'm going to actually start my Franchise later tonight or tomorrow night so I need to know what exactly is the problem I have seen mentioned about this.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Banned

You can make Subs in the game with YOUR own playbook that you loaded. Just do not save it and before you start the next game, exit Franchise and re-enter after saving so you can load your Playbook and then make the proper Subs in-game.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
You can make Subs in the game with YOUR own playbook that you loaded. Just do not save it and before you start the next game, exit Franchise and re-enter after saving so you can load your Playbook and then make the proper Subs in-game.

Huh? Don't save what? You say don't save, then exit Franchise and save. I'm totally lost. Can I not do it like this:

1) Enter Franchise
2) Go into the playbook area
3) Setup my subs
4) Save the playbook
5) Then I could load up that playbook before any game, Franchise and Quick Game.

Why wouldn't that work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »