Home

Pass % and Int????

This is a discussion on Pass % and Int???? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Pass % and Int????

How is compl % and int's going on this game? Is there things such as sliders adjustments or roster tweaking that need to be made? I remember I use to play everything on "0" except for QB which i had at 20. I set both Human/cpu at the same settings.

I started playing again using the rosters that came with the game. I'm giving HC a break for awhile and starting 2k5 again.

I play cpu vs cpu on xbox 360. I like to just act as a GM when playing.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Pass % and Int????

Ok, I tweak the roster. I drop all CB's "catching" to 5 and all Safeties at 3 and LB's to 1. So far it eliminated the crazy int's in this game.

The only (2) reasons i stop playing 2k5 was the QB% being too low, and the DAM Int's.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

LBs & safeties dont need to be as low as CB... they are already coded into the game to get fewer INTs during live play

i crank the passing slider to max for CPU & juice QB ratings slightly. then i put CB CTH @ 2-5 (and 10-25 for any among the top-5 for INT leaders that season). Safety CTH to 10 (except for any who are in the top-5 or so for INTs... they can go up to 25). LBs i leave at 15 & in 200 or so games i havent seen a multi INT game for LBs either HUM or CPU
Old 11-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Interestingly, last year there was approx. 401 total INT's thrown by all NFL QB's. There are 32 teams x 16 gms ea. for a total of 512 team games. That's about an avg. of 1.5 INT's per game for BOTH teams.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

im personally not bothered at all by how many INTs per game there are. ATTs/INT is more important, IMO. in a typical season of the modern era NFL:
27-38 is in the range of avg
high 40s & up is elite
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 05:24 AM   #6
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone

The only (2) reasons i stop playing 2k5 was the QB% being too low, and the DAM Int's.
Unfortunately these two reasons plus the CPU's inability to stop QB sneaks/scrambles are the reasons I never could get into this game. This is one of those games I wanted to love so bad but there were just too many problems for me to over look. If this game would have just had an extra coat of polish, I would have loved it as much as everyone else.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Ok, I tweak the roster. I drop all CB's "catching" to 5 and all Safeties at 3 and LB's to 1. So far it eliminated the crazy int's in this game.
Don't want to sound cliche, but been there, done that.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

I have something to add to this, and maybe Puja or somebody else can provide a little bit of insight.

I've been using Puja's latest test rosters (6.0), and I've been doing some slider tweaking of my own in order to get as much of a sim experience as possible. I'm still working on sliders, but I've always had the CPU passing slider jacked to 40 while having the Human coverage slider at 0. Despite this, I don't think that I've ever seen a CPU QB with a pass completion % over 60. Granted, with as many test games as I've played, I'm sure there was probably one or two that eclipsed 60%, but for the most part, the majority of the QBs are hovering around 57%-59%. Sometimes, they'll even be in the 40% range (eek). Being that I've already messed with the sliders, I'm wondering if this is a ratings issue. If so, how can I "fix" it? Everything else about this game is awesome (except for me giving up 150 on the ground every game, but I can fix that with sliders).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »